Asus X44l Sandy Bridge i3 CPUS=1 issue.

oldmaclover

1 post in this topic

I got this X44l from Best Buy for $400 last week from Best Buy thinking it had fairly compatible hardware with the i3 2350/HD 3000 graphics and the Atheros AR9285. None of the standard scripted methods worked for install so I ended up doing a modified [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB install and installed Chimera on my own.

Long story short I have most of the hardware working including battery meter and sound. The problem I am having is that when I try boot with more than one core enabled it will boot but the WIFI is not detected and the mouse and keyboard quickly stop responding. I know that the computer is not frozen because if I start a song in iTunes it keeps playing and when I press the power button the shutdown menu comes up. I can't select anything on that popup because I have no keyboard or mouse.

I suspect that there is something going on with ACPI with the CPU running with more than one core but I can't confirm it with any Kext changes. cpus=1 is the only parameter I have to use and after it fails on me with all cores I can just reboot with the flag and all is well, apart from being stuck in one core land.

I know that with cpus=1 only one core is working because I get geek bench scores around 3000 with one core but when I was able to get it started without the flag one time it was over 4000.

Any ideas?