Edgecrusherr

Help! XFX Radeon HD 6670 2GB 10.6.8

1 post in this topic

Hi, I just bought the XFX 6670 2GB (see link from Best Buy) . I can't get my system to fully recognize the card. It'll boot, but isn't fully functional. My current org.chameleon.Boot.plist is below. I've tried several variations, in this form it'll let me pick a few resolutions (not the 1920x1080 I want), and the screen shows the loading Apple screen the whole time, but if I screen share into the computer from my Macbook Pro, I can see the desktop and use the machine. I checked other 6670 forums, but maybe I'm missing something. Maybe it's because I have the 2GB version? OR maybe it's XFX's 6670? I'm not sure. System works with no problem with the 5450, and works with the 5770 "batmobile" (though I have issues with the 5770, but that's for another day). I'd REALLY appreciate any help! Thank you!

System Info:

Mac OS X 10.6.8, clean install, update to 10.6.8

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.10.1 - Snow Leopard Edition with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

VoodooHDA 0.2.61, Lnx2Mac 0.0.67 Ethernet driver

Asus P7P55D Pro (I have a P7P55D-E Pro that I need to RMA)

Intel i7 870

16GB Ram

Velociraptor 400GB HDD

System Profiler shows the following:

AMD Radeon HD 6670 Series:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6670 Series

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x6758

Revision ID: 0x0000

org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0</string>

<key>AtiPorts</key>

<string>3</string>

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Bullrushes</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

</dict>

</plist>

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/XFX+-+AMD+Radeon+HD+6670+2GB+DDR3+PCI+Express+2.1+Graphics+Card/4677014.p?id=1218505322347&skuId=4677014&st=6670&cp=1&lp=1

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AceMcLoven
      So I got my machine working and boots every time. The only issue is, after I'm up and running I get reboots and freezes on my screen. If I have 1 ifinder window open things are fine, as soon as I open another finder window or safari and move the window around it freezes and crashes. Same when I make video big in youtube. 
      Does anyone know how to solve this issue? 
      Any help would be gladly appreciated. My specs are as follow:
      Gigabyte z87x-ud7-th with i7-4770k
      32gb DDR3 1600mhz 
      XFX R9 280X Black edition

A side note, I did flash the bios on my GPU to UEFI, not sure why it's crashing and I did try to add the vendor ID and DevID in clover with inject ATI. I also do have lilu and Whatevergreen Kext installed. 

Thanks again. 

• By nico3469
      Hey guys

Here is my little guide to install OSX 10.6.8 on the EeePC 1000H.

I'll quote some of the CicciMTS and scenemusic topics, thank you guys.

What is needed ?

A Asus EeePC 1000H
      A 8GB or more USB Pen drive
      An empty hard disk drive
      An other mac or hackintosh
      A USB mouse
      My package of tools, including the latest Apple OS X 10.6.8 Combo update

Restore and Boot from USB

On your mac/hack, go to Disk Utility, find your USB Pen drive, erase it with GUID Partion Table and Mac Extended Format (journaled). Then, restore your iAtkos image on your USB pen drive.

Next, you need to make your USB drive Bootable. Find Chameleon in the tools Folder, open it and install it on your new Snow Leopard USB pen drive.

Installation

Boot into BIOS, if available, set the SATA mode to AHCI. If you can't it should work too so don't worry
      Select your USB Pen Drive and boot on it. Chameleon will appear, select your iAtkos install drive, and type -v to boot in verbose mode. After a moment, the OSX installer should appear. Trackpad will not work so plug in a usb mouse. Select your language and click next. on the top of the screen, find disk utilty, and erase your HDD with GUID Partion Table and Mac Extended Format (journaled) options, and close Disk Utility. Click Next until the installer ask you on which drive you want to install OSX. Do not install it yet, click on Customize. Select the following options :

-BOOT
      ASEREBLN

-BOOT OPTIONS
      32BITS
      GRAPHICS ENABLERS
      ETHERNET BUILTIN
      USB (all)

-PATCHES
      CREAR EXTRA
      FAKESMC
      DISABLER
      RTC
      KERNEL ATOM
      EVOREBOOT
      SLEEPENABLER
      UUID

-DRIVERS SATA-IDE
      SATA/AHCI or INTEL SATA/IDE if you didn't enable AHCI in your bios

-SOUND
      VOODOHDA

-PS2
      VOODOOPS2 or APPLEPS2

-POWERMANAGER
      VOODOPOWER

-LAPTOP HARD
      BATTERY
      CARD READER
      THERMAL ACPI

-VGA
      INTEL
      EFI STRING
      GMA950 (all)

-WIFI
      Ralink RT2860

-WIRED
      ATLANSIC L1E

Click OK and install OSX on your HDD.

First Boot and update to 10.6.8

Remove your USB stick from your computer, Chameleon should appear, boot your new OSX installation with -v boot flag. Once you've created your account you should be on your desketop.
      Run the Combo Update installer but do not reboot!! Force Quit out of the installer (hold down the Option key and click and hold over the Installer icon in the Dock. Select Force Quit) and Run the Legacy Kernel installer and then reboot the machine.
      now you should see that your graphics driver doesn't work anymore. Run Kext Utility and let it repair the permissions and update the cache. when it says "all done" drag and drop all the graphics kext into kext utility, and when it says "all done", reboot your computer. Cross your fingers and reboot your computer. You should now have a fully working EeePC 1000H, with graphics, sound, wifi, USB, bluetooth and Ethernet Working with the lastest Snow Leopard update. You can have the latest security updates on your system with Software Update, it will not damage your installation.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french. Fell free to ask questions if you need, thank you guys
    • By Warmach1ne
      After I updated to 10.6.8, I was unable to boot properly. I booted my machine in verbose mode, and this showed up.

I used the boot flags PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x3000 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
    • By Mr. Xtreme
      OK So I'll post my device ID once I restore the stock kexts. Here is a link to AMD5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext and a txt/rtf with the device ID http://1drv.ms/1hth2TI .

So, I installed the graphics card which is a replacement for a GeForce GT 220 that had the fan bearings get dis-oriented,
      Now I tryed adding my device ID to AMD5000Controller kext and AMDRadeonX3000 kext (The plist's in them that is) and now when I turn it on I get the yosemite loading screen then after     a few minutes it goes black with the spinning beachball, here are the specs of the Hack:
      CPU:              Pentium G2030 Motherboard: GA-B75M-D3H Video Card:   XFX One Radeon HD 5450 1GB Ram:             1 x 4GB 1600GHz Kingston  DDR3 Hard Drive:   1TB WD 10EZEX Case:            The Dead PowerMac G5 it replaced        "Thats all folks" (To anyone who isn't in the USA/Canada that is a quote of what they say on Loony Tunes once the show is over).
             Thanks for your help.
    • By 0000-1248
      Hi everyone, sorry to bother you (again). I have an LG AN WF-100 Wireless dongle kicking around in the closet and I was wondering whether I could use this with Mac OS X (It would save me $10 which I know doesn't sound like much but it's money all the same). Are there any drivers for it? If so could you please share them with the community.

Thanks in advance,

- Matt