Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hyperblood

Problem on Lion and SL installation!

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I tried to install Snow Leopard first then Lion and i still got the same problem...no problem until the installation.

Usually no errors on boot...format the partition select the kext and then wait to install....BUT at the middle of the installation laptop just reboot with no warning, no nothing...i tried iAtkos s3 v2 and iAtkos L2 and i have the same problem...but i said to myself that i would not give up so as a last measure i ask for your advice.

So i do not need any flags, it just boot smoothly...until the installation.

Here is my specs:

Dell Inspiron N5010

Last bios update

http://imageshack.us.../198/cpuvo.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...s/208/gpuc.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...13/motherg.jpg/

Any advice...???

Advertisement

boot in verbose.see whats causing you the trouble or you could post it here.if you are using distros then dont install all the kexts at a go.install with minimal settings.

installing with a distro doesn't ensure that its gonna run on any pc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By yehia2amer
      Dell Precision T7610 Workstation
      Hackintosh GUIDE (Work in Progress)

Introduction: 
      Hi Everyone,
      This Workstation used to be a Beast with Dual CPUs and tons of RAM, I Know it is now normal to get that much cores in a Desktop but it is still a very decent machine for me (As a Programmer), and I thought it would be a good idea to Install MacOS as the Daily Driver Rather than Linux and It turns out to be a very Great Experience (with Some Challenges ).

Specs:
      CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Chipset: Intel C602 Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4  Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
      Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

Working:
      Both "Xeon E5-2680 v2" and all cores with Power Management and P-States (using VoodooTSCSync & ssdtPRGen.sh) ATI Radeon HD 4870 (Vanilla) Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280)  (using VoodooHDA till Now - it is partially working with AppleALC using layout-id 13) LSI 2308 SAS (using AstekFusion2) Intel 82579 Network Controller (Vanilla) Intel I210 Network Controller (IntelMausiEthernet) USB 2.0  
      Not Working:
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller (Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202) Sleep  
      https://github.com/yehia2amer/Dell-Precision-T7610-Workstation-Hackintosh-Guide
    • By itsjamielike
      Hello, I am wondering if somebody could help me, I am new to the whole "Hackintosh" system having been a windows fan boy since the day I remember. I have worked In IT the last 9 years but had very limited interaction with OSX and Hackintosh (Managing to Hackintosh a Fuji laptop back in 2011 but not sure how I managed). 
      I am running a Dell E6420. 
      Intel I5 - 2520M 
      10GB ram 
      250GB Samsung SSD
      Nvidia 4200M 
      Alps touchpad 
      Intel Wifi  ( I am aware I will need to change this) 
      Intel Ethernet 82579
      Unsure on Sound device (But it was working I believe with Voodoo)
      I have tried to download a pre made distro that I got to boot up, and install on to my laptop. I found a similar Dell post online (Maybe for a E8420?) and downloaded their EFI files, I then just copied this to my usb stick and deleted the existing EFI folder. This got me to the set up my account screen when i realised my touchpad didnt work (Would scroll and click but not move) and then using a USB one I then realised that my keyboard (that was working on the install screen now doesnt work). 
      I then reinstalled it but this time choosing customise and selecting some options for installed KEXTS and this then got my laptop to boot and get to the create account screen but this time I didnt have any network connection. 
      Third time lucky.... Well I then installed again but selected the above and network adaptors (I tried the Nvidia options too but this didnt work) and then I was able to create an account, browse the internet and start playing about seeing what I could get to work. 
      I then downloaded some Clover tool and I was trying to download some KEXTs for the touchpad and I was using a KEXT installer.. This then was my downfall after this I then (as I had flashbacks to years ago) when I realised I had then broken it... 
      Eventually tried to reinstall but this time I was getting errors on install, I recreated the boot usb and still got errors, I then tried multiple boots and then I would just get a hang screen after loading "voodoobootps2?" or just kernal panic. 
      When I was trying all this I had my laptop set to UEFI (I believe this was incorrect), and I could only boot my laptop when I had the USB still installed, I would boot and then select "run OSX" this would boot fine, but I could never get it to work fine. I then on multiple times tried to boot using non UEFI and Legacy but I would always get KP and never work, Only booting with UEFI was my best chance.  BIOS Settings had been coppied from dare I say.. a youtube video.. So they could be incorrect. 
      I don't have access to a MAC, I do have a copy ready of HighSierra clean and my "tainted" pre edited version. I was installed the imaging to USB using Transmac. I was using CLOVER. 

• By doixanh
      This follows my previous guide for macOS Sierra.

0. What works and does not
      Works
      - CPU power management
      - QE/CI on Integrated Intel HD 4000
      - Keyboard/Trackpad
      - HDMI and LVDS output
      - Audio: Headphone, speaker, HDMI (?).
      - Ethernet
      - Camera
      - Battery info
      - Bluetooth
      - USB

Does NOT work
      - Internal Wifi. Workaround: USB wifi or replace your internal wifi with a supported mPCI-e card.
      - Sleep: does not work with an USB wifi. Workaround: Replace your internal wifi with a supported card.
      - VGA out. Workaround: Use an « active » HDMI to VGA adapter. I use this way to connecting my laptop to projectors.
      - Discrete AMD GPU
      - Card reader. Workaround: Use an external USB card reader.

1. Specs
      My Dell Inspiron 15R SE still has the following specs (I haven't upgraded it since Yosemite) :
      - Intel Core i7 3632QM with Intel HD Graphic 4000
      - 8GB + 4GB RAM (12GB total)
      - 128GB Samsung EVO SSD + 1TB HDD
      - AMD Radeon 7730M, won't be used by any Hackintosh build
      - Full HD 15.4" screen

2. Requirements
      - A Dell 7520, of course
      - An USB Stick, minimum 16GB. Any 16GB should work.
      - A pair of USB Mouse / Keyboard during the installation and fixes (you can use your built in keyboard and touchpad later)
      - An existing Hackintosh (or a real Mac, if you have any )
      - Downloaded «Install macOS Mojave Beta» from App Store.
      - A GPT-partitioned hard drive
      - A 20GB (minimum) partition as the target.
      - Dosdude1's macOS Mojave Patcher

3. Create USB Install. For full guide please see here
      - Boot your existing Hackintosh or real Mac.
      - First you need to be sure that you have downloaded the app «Install macOS Mojave» from App Store
      - Use Disk Utilities to partition your USB stick with 1 partition in GPT mode, and choose «OS X Extended (Journaled)» as partition type. Note: don't use any space in label of your disk.
      - Run Dosdude1's macOS Mojave Patcher, select the installer app, select usb disk as target.
      - Be patient. It's quite slow.
      - Download and install Clover Bootloader v4658 to the usb disk, note to install using EFI boot only
      - Copy attached config.plist to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/
      - Copy attached kexts to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/Other/
      - Download NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and put it in /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/Other/
      - Reboot after finishing creating your USB for installation.

4. Install
      - During boot, press F12 to have boot list. Choose your USB to start. Set ig-platform-id to 0x01660004 to boot the installation.
      - It should boot directly to the installation UI
      - Select Utilities and Disk Utility.
      - Format your target partition as OS X Extended (Journaled). APFS can be used but it's your own risks
      - Exit Disk utility.
      - Begin the install procedure - it should be there already. Choose your newly formatted partition. Follow the instruction. Wait for a while (in my case I waited around 10 minutes).
      - It will restart your computer as soon as it finishes the file copy.
      - You still need to boot from USB. Hit F12 during boot to show boot list. Choose your USB to start. Set ig-platform-id to 0x01660004, select your installed partition and press Enter.
      - You will be able to see user creation. Follow the instructions on screen. When you get to your desktop, rebuild kernel cache:
      sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -u / - Reboot, you should be able to use both LVDS and HDMI outputs (with default ig-platform-id 01660003, already patched using this guide) with proper kext and config.plist attached.

Welcome to macOS Mojave!

5. Device fixes
      Most of the fixes are included in the attached kext zip.
      5.1. CPU Power Management
      Works fine with macOS Mojave (official version) as long as you use ssdtPRGen.sh as instructed here. Don't forget to delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext afterward.
      5.2. Wifi
      The integrated wifi doesn't work. At all. I used an external wifi dongle TP Link WN725N (v2) for Internet access. After that I replaced the internal wifi with a Atheros AR5B29 and it works natively
      If you use this AR5B29, copy the attached AirPortAtheros40.kext into /System/Library/Extensions
      config.plist.zip
      kexts.zip
      AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip
    • By Discount_Mac
      Hello everyone,

I was able to install macOS Sierra 10.12.6 a few months ago successfully with working audio, internet, etc.

But now I want to upgrade to High Sierra and am not sure whether or not it will be compatible with my system. (Tried to do it using a High Sierra USB. Wouldn't boot into installer, showed "+++++++++++++" or something.)

My specs are:
      Dell Optiplex 3010
      Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.40GHz (HD2500 Integrated Graphics)
      4GB of RAM
      NVIDIA Quadro FX1800 (Want to use this GPU, have an extra Radeon HD7470 somewhere that I can also use in this if needed)
      Conexant CX20641 Audio
      Realtek RTL8111E Ethernet

So, can I upgrade to High Sierra? Please let me know.

EDIT: I kept getting this error: (See attached image)

Thanks
      -Discount_Mac

• By wmchris
      This tutorial has been updated on GITHUB to 10.14
      the tutorial on insanelymac got too fragmented for a simple forum thread and will not be updated, but still be used for discussion and hints, tips and tricks

Dell XPS 15 (9550, Version of 2016) Sierra 10.13.1 Tutorial

Before we start:
      this installation includes real time DSDT/SSDT patching from within clover. This is pretty easy to install. But it is NOT suited for people with no or only few knowledge in Hackintosh Systems. If you only know how to copy commands in your shell and you dont know what they're doing, then stop the tutorial and revert to windows or buy a real mac. Even if you get it running: this system is not failsafe and will be broken multiple times in its usage time, where you have to fix it without a tutorial.
      Optional steps are marked in GREEN, System dependent steps are BLUE

English is not my mother-tongue and i'm writing this without proof reading, so please forgive my bad spelling
      If you've questions or something doesn't work: first check if you've done all steps of this tutorial! If yes: please read the whole thread (doesn't matter how long it is) before asking to prevent multiple questions. Additionally do a search in google and this forum.

Credits:
      Many knowledge of "how to hackintosh a dell in the first place" by the tutorial of @Gymnae http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319766-dell-xps-9550-detailled-1011-guide/
      Using many kexts and solutions from @RehabMan

What's not working:
      Hibernation (works somehow, but high chance to destroy your whole data), Sleep works fine! SD-Card reader Killer 1535 Wifi (rarely used, need replace) nVidia Graphics card (Intel works) FileVault 2 (full HDD encryption) Requirements:
      one working MAC OS X Enviroment 16GB USB Stick (larger is sometimes not bootable and/or requires advanced partitioning) MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1 installation file from the app store (redownload, just in case) Knowledge in PLIST editing USB Harddrive for backup - you'll loose all data on your computer! Step 1: Prepare Installation
      Use the existing Mac to download the Sierra installer from the App Store and create a bootable USB stick with CLOVER. You can do this with the App "Pandora's Box" of insanelymac (use google for download link), which is pretty easy to use.
      Optional: check if your SSD can be switched to 4k sector size. This prevents NVMe corruption. See https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/10.13/4k_sector.md
      After you've finished you need to download the Dell XPS 15 specific configurations for clover.
      Link: https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/archive/10.13.zip and unzip this file or checkout git directly:
      git clone https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX.git You only need the folder 10.13, you can delete the 10.11. I'll refer to this folder by "git/"
      Now mount the hidden EFI partition of the USB Stick by entering
      diskutil mount EFI Inside the terminal. Mac OS will automaticly mount the EFI partition of the USB stick, but just in case: make sure it really is
      Overwrite everything in the CLOVER folder of the partition EFI with the content of git/10.13/CLOVER.
      If your PC has a Core i5 processor, you'll have to modify your config.plist in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/: search for the Key ig-platform-id: 0x191b0000 and replace it with 0x19160000.
      If you could use the 4k sector patch, replace the config.plist with the 4kconfig.plist. 
      If you use a hynix device and you didnt do the 4k sector switch, you'll have to add the following patch to your config.plist
      <key>Comment</key> <string>IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Hynix SSD patch</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data>9sEQD4UcAQAA</data> <key>Name</key> <string>IONVMeFamily</string> <key>Replace</key> <data>9sECD4UcAQAA</data> Go into the EFI Configuration (BIOS) of your Dell XPS 15:

Also disable the SD-Card Reader to reduce the power consumption drastically. Insert the stick on the Dell XPS 15 and boot it up holding the F12 key to get in the boot-menu and start by selecting your USB-Stick (if you've done it correctly it's named "Clover: Install macOS Sierra", otherwise it's just the brandname of your USB-Drive). You should get to the MacOS Installation like on a real mac. If you're asked to log-in with your apple-id: select not now! Reason: see Step 5.

Step 2: Partition and Installation
      INFORMATION: after this step your computer will loose ALL data! So if you haven't created a backup, yet: QUIT NOW!

Dont install macOS yet. Select the Diskutil and delete the old partitions. Create a new HFS partition and name it "OSX". If you want to multiboot with Windows 10, then you'll have to create a second partition, too (also HFS! Dont use FAT or it will not boot! You have to reformat it when installing Windows). Make sure to select GUID as partition sheme.
      Close the Diskutil and install OSX normally. You'll have to reboot multiple times, make sure to always boot using the attached USB stick. So dont forget to press F12. After the first reboot you should see a new boot option inside clover, which is highlighted by default. Just press enter. If you only see one, then something went wrong.

Step 3: Make it bootable
      After a few reboots you should be inside your new macOS enviroment. You can always boot into it using the USB stick. Remove the USB drive after successful bootup. Enter
      diskutil mount EFI in your terminal, which should mount the EFI partition of your local installation.

install git/Additional/Tools/Clover_v2.4k_r4003.pkg. Make sure to select "Install Clover in ESP". Also select to install the RC-Scripts. This should install the Clover Boot System. Now copy everything from git/10.13/CLOVER to EFI/CLOVER like you did before by creating the usb stick. (if you had to modify the config.plist in step 1, do it here, too). Your system should be bootable by itself. Reboot and check if your system can boot by itself.

Step 4: Post Installation
      Because all DSDT/SSDT changes are already in the config.plist, you dont need to recompile your DSDT (albeit i suggest doing it anyway to make your system a lil bit more failsafe, see gymnaes El-Capitan tutorial for more informations). So we can skip this part and go directly to the installation of the required kexts. Open a terminal and goto the GIT folder.
      sudo cp -r ./Post-Install/LE-Kexts/* /Library/Extensions/ sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.bak 2> /dev/null sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.bak 2> /dev/null sudo ./AD-Kexts/VoodooPS2Daemon/_install.command Now you'll have to replace the config.plist. Because you'll install modified kexts you'll HAVE TO replace the config.plist in your installation. Otherwise your PC will not boot anymore.
      diskutil mount EFI replace EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with git/Post-Install/CLOVER/config.plist. Again: if your PC has a Core i5 processor, search the config.plist for the Key ig-platform-id: 0x191b0000 and replace it with 0x19160000.

OPTIONAL (in case you've audio problems):
      AppleHDA has some problems after Wake-Up. You'll have to plug in a headphone to get your speakers working again. You can use VoodooHDA instead, which breaks the headphone jack most of the time, but makes the rest much more stable.
      sudo rm -r /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext sudo rm /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-ALC298.aml then remove from your config.plist from the key "KextsToPatch" the elements "AppleHDA#1" to "AppleHDA#7". Install the package: git/Post-Install/AD-Kexts/VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg
      i also suggest moving some of the kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13 to /Library/Extensions. It's just more stable.
      Finalize the kext-copy by recreating the kernel cache:
      sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache sudo rm -rf /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / sometimes you'll have to redo the last command if your system shows "Lock acquired".
      OSX 10.12.2 removed the posibility to load unsigned code. You can enable this by entering
      sudo spctl --master-disable If you're using the 4K monitor, you'll have to copy the UHD enabling kexts to your clover directory:
      sudo cp ./Post-Install/AD-Kexts/UHD-Kexts/* /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13/ To enable GPU acceleration: Edit your clover config file again and remove the following block from it:

To prevent getting in hibernation (which can and will corrupt your data), just set the default sleep mode to "suspend to ram" (sleep) instead of "suspend to disk" (hibernation)
      sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 To get HDMI Audio working:
      Search for your Boarrd-ID in the config.plist and open /S/E/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/contents/plugin/AppleGraphicePolicy.kext/contents/info.plist with a texteditor. Search for your board-id in there and change the value of it from "Config2" to "none"

OPTIONAL (alternative power management):
      the whole power management is done by intels speed step technology (HWP), which is enabled in the clover config. If you want to let OSX manage the power management, you'll have to do these steps:
      sudo cp ./Post-Install/CLOVER/ACPI/optional/SSDT.aml /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ then open the config.plist (/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist) and change <key>HWPEnable</key><true/> to <key>HWPEnable</key><false/>.

Step 5: iServices (AppStore, iMessages etc.)

WARNING! DONT USE YOUR MAIN APPLE ACCOUNT FOR TESTING! It's pretty common that apple BANS your apple-id from iMessage and other services if you've logged in on not well configured hackintoshs!
      If you want to use the iServices, you'll have to do some advanced steps, which are not completly explained in this tutorial. First you need to switch the faked network device already created by step 4 to be on en0. Goto your network settings and remove every network interface.
      sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist Reboot, go back in the network configuration and add the network interfaces (LAN) before Wifi.

You also need to modify your SMBIOS in the config.plist of Clover in your EFI partition with valid informations about your "fake" mac. There are multiple tutorials which explain how to do it like "http://www.fitzweekly.com/2016/02/hackintosh-imessage-tutorial.html".

It's possible you have to call the apple hotline to get your fake serial whitelisted by telling a good story why apple forgot to add your serial number in their system. (aka: dont do it if you dont own a real mac). I personally suggest using real data from an old (broken) macbook.

Step 6: Upgrading to macOS 10.13.2 or higher / installing security updates
      Each upgrade will possibly break your system!
      (Update: after the latest updates in this tutorial the system should be update-proof.) 

Step 7: Fixes / Enhancements / Alternative Solutions / Bugs
      See: https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/10.13/Tutorial_10.13_Step7.md

Afterword and fixes
      as i said before: this is not a tutorial for absolute beginners, albeit it's much easier then most other tutorials, because most is preconfigured in the supplied config.plist. Some Dells have components included, which are not supported by these preconfigured files. Then i can only suggest using Gymnaes tutorial which explains most of the DSDT patching, config.plist editing and kexts used in detail and use the supplied files here as templates.
      Warning: Some people have reported multiple data losses on this machine. I suggest using time-machine whenever possible! If your device is detected as "Model Name: Apple Device", see: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319764-guide-dell-xps-15-9550-sierra-10122-quick-installation/page-13?do=findComment&comment=2362337 If you want to save the settings of the display brightness: downgrade to clover 3899, in the never versions the nvram restore is broken. USBInjectAll is not intended for permanent use. You should check which USB are really required to be injected and modify your DSDT/SSDT. 4K Touchscreen only: Multitouch can be achieved with the driver from touch-base.com, but it's not open source - costs > 100 $ Not a bug: if you REALLY want to use the 4K Display natively and disable the Retina Mode (max 1920x1080), see: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/macbook-pro-retina-display-faq/macbook-pro-retina-display-hack-to-run-native-resolution.html Tutorial Updates
      27. March 2017: UHD Kexts added, replaces perl command 23. March 2017: 4k sector tutorial against NVMe corruption added   7. March 2017: Suggestion to disable the SD Card Reader for reduced power consumption 4. February 2017: Dell SMBIOS Truncation workaround added 23. January 2017: Hynix SSD fix added 31. December 2016: USB-C Hotplug Fix and USB InjectAll Removed 28. December 2016: NVMe SSDT Spoof precreated, FakeID already preset in installation config.plist. VoodooHDA added as alternative to SSDT-ALC298 patch as well as color coding in tutorial 22. December 2016: FakeSMBios added Accessories Appendix:
      The official Dell adaptor DA200 (http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=at&l=de&s=dhs&cs=atdhs1&sku=470-abry) works completly on Sierra 10.2.2. You can use the Network, USB, HDMI and VGA. Everything is Hot-Pluggable a cheap 3rd party noname USB-C -> VGA adaptor didnt work you can charge the Dell with a generic USB-C Power Adaptor, but USB-C has only a maximum power of 100W, so it's either charging OR usage, not both. Dont forget you need a special USB-C cable (Power Delivery 3.0) for charging.