Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hyperblood

Problem on Lion and SL installation!

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I tried to install Snow Leopard first then Lion and i still got the same problem...no problem until the installation.

Usually no errors on boot...format the partition select the kext and then wait to install....BUT at the middle of the installation laptop just reboot with no warning, no nothing...i tried iAtkos s3 v2 and iAtkos L2 and i have the same problem...but i said to myself that i would not give up so as a last measure i ask for your advice.

So i do not need any flags, it just boot smoothly...until the installation.

Here is my specs:

Dell Inspiron N5010

Last bios update

http://imageshack.us.../198/cpuvo.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...s/208/gpuc.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...13/motherg.jpg/

Any advice...???

Advertisement

boot in verbose.see whats causing you the trouble or you could post it here.if you are using distros then dont install all the kexts at a go.install with minimal settings.

installing with a distro doesn't ensure that its gonna run on any pc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By doixanh
      This follows my previous guide for macOS Sierra.

0. What works and does not
      Works
      - CPU power management
      - QE/CI on Integrated Intel HD 4000
      - Keyboard/Trackpad
      - HDMI and LVDS output
      - Audio: Headphone, speaker, HDMI (?).
      - Ethernet
      - Camera
      - Battery info
      - Bluetooth
      - USB

Does NOT work
      - Internal Wifi. Workaround: USB wifi or replace your internal wifi with a supported mPCI-e card.
      - Sleep: does not work with an USB wifi. Workaround: Replace your internal wifi with a supported card.
      - VGA out. Workaround: Use an « active » HDMI to VGA adapter. I use this way to connecting my laptop to projectors.
      - Discrete AMD GPU
      - Card reader. Workaround: Use an external USB card reader.

1. Specs
      My Dell Inspiron 15R SE still has the following specs (I haven't upgraded it since Yosemite) :
      - Intel Core i7 3632QM with Intel HD Graphic 4000
      - 8GB + 4GB RAM (12GB total)
      - 128GB Samsung EVO SSD + 1TB HDD
      - AMD Radeon 7730M, won't be used by any Hackintosh build
      - Full HD 15.4" screen

2. Requirements
      - A Dell 7520, of course
      - An USB Stick, minimum 16GB. Any 16GB should work.
      - A pair of USB Mouse / Keyboard during the installation and fixes (you can use your built in keyboard and touchpad later)
      - An existing Hackintosh (or a real Mac, if you have any )
      - Downloaded «Install macOS Mojave Beta» from App Store.
      - A GPT-partitioned hard drive
      - A 20GB (minimum) partition as the target.
      - Dosdude1's macOS Mojave Patcher

3. Create USB Install. For full guide please see here
      - Boot your existing Hackintosh or real Mac.
      - First you need to be sure that you have downloaded the app «Install macOS Mojave Beta» from App Store (Developer account is required).
      - Use Disk Utilities to partition your USB stick with 1 partition in GPT mode, and choose «OS X Extended (Journaled)» as partition type. Note: don't use any space in label of your disk.
      - Run Dosdude1's macOS Mojave Patcher, select the installer app, select usb disk as target.
      - Be patient. It's quite slow.
      - Download and install Clover Bootloader v4658 to the usb disk, note to install using EFI boot only
      - Copy attached config.plist to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/
      - Copy attached kexts to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/Other/
      - Download NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and put it in /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/Other/
      - Reboot after finishing creating your USB for installation.

4. Install
      - During boot, press F12 to have boot list. Choose your USB to start. Set ig-platform-id to 0x01660004 to boot the installation.
      - It should boot directly to the installation UI. Choose language.
      - On top menu, select Utilities and Disk Utility.
      - Format your target partition as OS X Extended (Journaled). APFS can be used but it's your own risks
      - Exit Disk utility.
      - Start Install, choose your newly formatted partition. Follow the instruction. Wait for a while (in my case I waited around 10 minutes).
      - It will restart your computer as soon as it finishes the file copy.
      - You still need to boot from USB. Hit F12 during boot to show boot list. Choose your USB to start. Set ig-platform-id to 0x01660004, select your installed partition and press Enter.
      - You will be able to see user creation. Follow the instructions on screen. When you get to your desktop.
      - Reboot, you should be able to use both LVDS and HDMI outputs (with ig-platform-id 01660003) with proper kext and config.plist attached.

Welcome to macOS Mojave!

5. Device fixes
      Most of the fixes are included in the attached kext zip.
      5.1. CPU Power Management
      Works fine with macOS Mojave (official version) as long as you use ssdtPRGen.sh as instructed here. Don't forget to delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext afterward.
      5.2. Wifi
      The integrated wifi doesn't work. At all. I used an external wifi dongle TP Link WN725N (v2) for Internet access. After that I replaced the internal wifi with a Atheros AR5B29 and it works natively
      If you use this AR5B29, copy the attached AirPortAtheros40.kext into /System/Library/Extensions
      config.plist.zip
      kexts.zip
      AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip
    • By tlefko
      macOS-Mojave-XPS13-9350
      Hello, this is a simple guide to get OS X 10.14 working on any XPS 13 9350 model
      This guide uses files from (@syscl) (albeit edited) and full credit to him for the Deploy.sh and DSDT patches. However, his Clover folder is unbootable with Mojave and thus has been redone.
      However, his Deploy is still retained but edited to remove some DSDT patches that break things on Mojave
      I did my best to keep the guide simple and for the most part it is, it's inteded for the 6200U non iris but should work with others. (credit @syscl)
      Issues
      Wake up via lid is hit or miss (sometimes needs key press) SD Card slot Restarts don't work (endless black screen while turning off but still on) Usage Notes
      USB Devices eject upon sleep (USB Patches via Deploy were major issue) Changing board number via Clover Config doesn't work always unless serial is changed (No idea..) Audio is controlled via VoodooHDA however prefpane is not nessacary. Never tested USB C anything. Charging should be fine however I'm not sure about others, don't personally use it) What Works
      Everything else! Setup Notes
      The new AFPS file system must be used, there is no way to avoid it. Has no noticeable adverse effects except slower boot time It is difficult to repartition AFPS drives and resize them, recommend clean install or you could have one partition smaller than your hard drive that can't be increased unless reformatted Although Volumes will be converted, keep drive as GUID BIOS Settings
      Set all SATA operation as AHCI Disable Secure Boot, Fast Boot For Coil Whine improvement disable C-States Enable UEFI Booting (Disable Legacy if easily confused) Recommended: Clean Install (Preinstall steps)
      Download latest Mojave version from Mac App store (Register AppleID as developer, enroll your mac, download the preview from the link onsite or google for detailed instructions. Make Bootable media (google how or download app to do it, it's just a terminal command) Download the Latest Clover revision (currently using r4568) and install it to your USB as UEFI and ESP (no need for drivers) Copy The contents of this Github repository into your EFI folder on the USB (Mount the EFI Partition via clover config, efi mounter, etc.) (No Boot Folder in EFI) If you have the same XPS Model as me you can use stock ACPI patched files (6200u, hd 520, 3200x1800,) if not delete contents of both folders (origin, patched) and will fix later via @syscls modified deploy) Installing Mojave (Clean Install)
      Boot PC off the USB, select your Installer as your Boot drive from clover menu config is currently set to FAKESERIAL and -v. I believe (@syscl's) deploy generates serial # information Once installer is loaded, go to disk utility and format as a GUID Partition Table with whatever partitions you want (Don't format whole drive to afps make sure it's GUID) Run the Mojave installer to the drive wait for it to finish, then turn off) From Clover, select the name of the Mojave Partition (not preboot, recovery, etc.) and not your USB stick either From here the installation will continue. DO NOT CLICK ON MOUSE OR KEYBOARD (crashes installer shortly after at least for me) Post Install (Clean Install)
      Reboot off your USB once again, load up your Mojave drive. First Boot will take long, if your using my ACPI files (from @sysl's deploy, edited) and have same model you should have everything out of box (except wifi) Regardless, run through the installer and set it all up. (without acpi) At this point screen should be fine, mouse, keyboard, no wifi should be present or bluetooth. No brightness control as well. go to terminal to mount EFI or via clover Config, EFI Mounter, etc, of both USB and the internal disk Copy and REPLACE the EFI folder from the USB into your hard drive. Unplug your USB and reboot and you should be able to boot without the USB now Turn off PC, boot into clover. Don't select a drive and press F4 and Fn+F4 a few times, wait a few seconds, then boot back to the drive Plug back in the USB, mount it's EFI, and run the modified Deploy Script on your Hard Drive EFI partition After deploy is finished, there will be VoodooI2C error as I deleted it from Kexts, for me it breaks Trackpad and Keyboard. For now will be using VoodooPS2. After Modded Deploy
      You should have no Internet at this point, the following next steps should resolve that. However, your Brightness, lidsleep, USB, bluetooth should be working Using your favourite Kext Installer (Put it on a USB or something to get it on the PC), install (credit @Rehabman's) FAKEPCIID and FAKEPCIID_Broadcomm texts that are included in the ManualKexts Folder Then run "Sudo kextcache -i /" from terminal, reboot, then run it again. By this point your wifi should be fixed, and everything should be done Post Install Notes
      Your welcome to transfer whatever other kexts you want to S/L/E, personally I leave them in the CLOVER Folder injected. Doing upgrade via mac app store is similar, just partitioning hard drive is harder. Apart from that same process essentially, not recommended Credits
      Credit Hackintosher.com for basic patches (although @syscl) covered some Credit to @syscl (clearly...) Credit to @Rehabman Credit to @syscl Kexts, and his contributers. ex. Lidwake.kext (although not fully compatible) Support
      Your welcome to open any issues on this thread, I personally have little DSDT knowledge so I will do my best to help! Thanks for Reading!
      - This is a clone from my GitHub, the link to the repository is below with all files

https://github.com/tlefko/macOS-Mojave-XPS13-9350

- I would really like to hear everyone's experience trying this guide so please let me know in the comments how it worked for you, if you plan to try it, etc.
    • By yehia2amer
      Dell Precision T7610 Workstation
      Hackintosh GUIDE (Work in Progress)

Introduction: 
      Hi Everyone,
      This Workstation used to be a Beast with Dual CPUs and tons of RAM, I Know it is now normal to get that much cores in a Desktop but it is still a very decent machine for me (As a Programmer), and I thought it would be a good idea to Install MacOS as the Daily Driver Rather than Linux and It turns out to be a very Great Experience (with Some Challenges ).

Specs:
      CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Chipset: Intel C602 Audio: Realtek ALC269Q High Definition Audio SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4  Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
      Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

Working:
      Both "Xeon E5-2680 v2" and all cores with Power Management and P-States (using VoodooTSCSync & ssdtPRGen.sh) ATI Radeon HD 4870 (Vanilla) Realtek ALC269Q (using VoodooHDA till Now) LSI 2308 SAS (using AstekFusion2) Intel 82579 Network Controller (Vanilla) Intel I210 Network Controller (IntelMausiEthernet) USB 2.0  
      Not Working:
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller (Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202) Sleep  
      https://github.com/yehia2amer/Dell-Precision-T7610-Workstation-Hackintosh-Guide
    • By Dakdot
      Hello everyone! Last week I received my Broadcom BCM94352Z (model DW1560) from Newegg, installed it into my Dell Inspiron 5558, and I can't get it to work in macOS 10.13.5. I thought that I might have received a knockoff, so I tried it in Linux Mint, and it recognized it as a BCM4352 and worked perfectly! I've tried almost everything I could find online and nothing is working (see below). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Methods I Tried:
      FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi, BrcmPatchRAM2, BrcmFirmwareRepo
      I've also used AirportBrcmFixup and BrcmFirmwareData when injecting with Clover
      Laptop Specifications (Closest to MacBookAir 17,1, using SMBIOS for MacBook Pro 12,1)
      Intel Core i5-5250U
      Intel HD 6000 Graphics
      8GB RAM
      1 TB Hard Drive
      ALC3234 (apparently equivalent to ALC255 according to the net)
      Originally Intel Wireless, now BCM94352Z