Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone :)

After many attemps, I've installed Snow Leopard 10.6 on my PC with the following hardware components:

Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3,

AMD Phenom II X4 945,

4GB DDR3,

XFX Radeon HD 5750 1GB,

Maxtor 250GB S-ATA II (Windows 7),

Samsung 500GB S-ATA II (Snow Leopard),

and two optical drives.

I've downloaded the kexts that I've found at

http://www.osx86.net...?do=file&id=476 (already patched with the Device ID), and after installing them I got a Full HD resolution (I use an HDMI cable) but without QE/CI (no graphic acceleration). So I've tried to update my OS from 10.6 to 10.6.8 with the Combo Update; I've restored the "IOPCI" and the "IOACPI" kexts with success, but if I try to reinstall also the video kexts, after the boot loading I get a blue screen. However, I can access to Snow Leopard only in Safe Mode ("-x" at the boot).

Every kext/driver that I find on the web, doesn't solve my problem. I've read a lot of tutorials and hints, but none of them worked for me.

:(

So, there's a way to make this XFX Radeon HD 5750 working, with QE/CI too? :mellow:

I hope you can help me to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

:)

What if you boot with -f

Only boot with this flag, and if you like you can use -v ofcourse, but avoid the -x because you'll not be able to check whether this is working in that case or not.

This flag will ignore the system caches and load all kexts available. If the error is over, you know that the caches are corrupt or something. Give it a shot ;)

I have to boot my Lion constantly with -f (ignore caches) or my keyboard won't work, but that's another story :)

P.S. I'm sorry for any misspelled english or for being a bit short. It's been a bit late for me ;)

Edited by Wcool

Don't worry for your english, it's not my native language... I'm italian ;)

However, I've tried both with "-f" and "-v" without success. :(

With "-v" I can't see what appears on my screen because the files are loaded too fast.

Now, I'm going to replace the kexts of my VGA that I've downloaded from osx86.net, with the originals included in my Hackintosh installation because Safe Mode doesn't works always and I'd like to boot without "-x". :unsure:

Hmm... Well, I'm also a kinda new hackintosher, so the only thing is wait until somebody can answer your question / problem with more knowledge.

Sorry if I cannot help you any further.

What bootloader CD did you use?

Did you already try Chameleon Wizard´s Graphicsenablers checkbox?

That way my AMD´s HD5450 is working fine with 10.6.8 QE/CI.

If 1you only want to try once, you can add the argument GraphicsEnabler=Yes at boot in the Cameleon screen too of course.

I think I have the same problem....please help, I've been stuck on this for days. Almost giving up after reading about a lot of stuff over the past days on troubleshooting it and no progress.

machine,

mobo: ga-z68ma-d2h-b3

mem: 4g kingston

cpu: intel i5 2500k

gfx: HIS radeon hd 5450 1gb

After fresh install mac os x 10.6.3 retail disk, update it with 10.6.8 w/ help of updatehelper... run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url](followed the lifehacker video on how to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url])basically the same for the audio and ethernet on gigabyte boards.

Restart and I only get to white screen. Can please tell me what I need to do more(in details for a very noob guy)?

New development, I am able to load up os x 10.6.8 now after waiting everytime for the apple white screen loading screen. I followed 1 of the post here in the forum with identical specs but with some issues, no audio from the board and no audio from the video card too through hdmi. I've tried running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] so many times but no avail. any suggestions? oh and I can't access my mac app store anymore too...to download my lion update, it sayd my device/comp can not be verified :(