1,165 posts in this topic

hello

you need to used the dsdt patched in efi / clover/ acpi /patched folder of clover and configure with clover configurator

Advertisement

Oh sorry for that man, I was using my normal DSDT not the one you sent me. Let me post ioreg and config plist witht that

I can find this SMCD device you say but only when I use your DSDT

post-1517295-0-39544800-1456484639_thumb.png

Here goes the ioreg and the config plist

Archive.zip

THANKS TO @legot28 fan reading works very nice now! Thanks so much  :w00t:

post-1517295-0-99951200-1456484976_thumb.png

Well, after a reboot, it doesnt work.. I have tried with and without caches to no result. I have other versions of OSX installed and I tried and it also didnt work....

I dont understand.. Here goes the screenshot as proof:

post-1517295-0-25935900-1456506840_thumb.png

I attach here my current IOREG

kosakgroove IOREG.zip

By looking at current IOREG, compared to the one I submitted when it was working, the SMCD device seems unchanged.... :(

post-1517295-0-00623700-1456506976_thumb.png

Could you guys give me some help?

OMG! Thanks so much @legot28 thanks to your modification of the Info plist of my FakeSMC, more precisely the FNum key, and some other little tweaks in my DSDT, fan readings work great in my Asus Laptop hehe

post-1517295-0-67608400-1456602242_thumb.png

I got no other words than Thank you thank you thank you! :D

Not working for me. Only disk is showing. Oo

Have you extracted with Pacifist the HWmonitor app and installed FakeSMC that came with it + Acpi , Cpu, Gpu and LPC sensors kexts?

Enviado desde mi XT1068 mediante Tapatalk

JuniorGump must have forgotten to install the FakeSMC plugins (the ACPI/CPU/GPU/LPC sensors kexts). They either go alongside FakeSMC in its directory (/E/E or /L/E or /S/L/E depending on your own installation) or within a subfolder called PlugIns of the FakeSMC kext itself.

Have you extracted with Pacifist the HWmonitor app and installed FakeSMC that came with it + Acpi , Cpu, Gpu and LPC sensors kexts?

JuniorGump must have forgotten to install the FakeSMC plugins (the ACPI/CPU/GPU/LPC sensors kexts). They either go alongside FakeSMC in its directory (/E/E or /L/E or /S/L/E depending on your own installation) or within a subfolder called PlugIns of the FakeSMC kext itself.

Fakesmc on EFI and the rest on /S/L/E = Not work

All on EFI = Not work

In all my hacks i haave Fake SMC and Sensor kexts in the same folder which is /System/Library/Extensions i believe that is the right way.. Only older versions of HWMonitor required the plugins to be inside fakesmc..

FakeSMC and its associated sensors will of course work/load/get cached from /S/L/E but the same will apply if they're placed in /L/E and/or if the sensors are manually placed in a created PlugIns subfolder of FakeSMC itself. That's how I use and run FakeSMC on all my Hacks.

@JuniorGump: what version of FakeSMc are you using? Did you try to integrate the sensors (of same FakeSMC release) to a PlugIns subfolder?

FakeSMC and its associated sensors will of course work/load/get cached from /S/L/E but the same will apply if they're placed in /L/E and/or if the sensors are manually placed in a created PlugIns subfolder of FakeSMC itself. That's how I use and run FakeSMC on all my Hacks.

@JuniorGump: what version of FakeSMc are you using? Did you try to integrate the sensors (of same FakeSMC release) to a PlugIns subfolder?

please which version use you of clover?

>what version of FakeSMc are you using?

R: 3.4.1

>Did you try to integrate the sensors (of same FakeSMC release) to a PlugIns subfolder

Nops.

please which version use you of clover?

@

@

I created the folder "PlugIns" within the Fakesmc kext and now worked. Thank you so much guys! :thumbsup_anim:

Hello PPL

i have a skylake Asus notebook > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312181-el-capitan-on-asus-x556ub-unresolved-problems/

and i can't to take working cpu sensors. everytime goes on kernel panic.

i have see other skylake notebooks and working,and i try these Fakesmc and sensors. all other sensors "working"

the cpu always goes on kernel panic... Any Idea about ?

Hello PPL

i have a skylake Asus notebook > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312181-el-capitan-on-asus-x556ub-unresolved-problems/

and i can't to take working cpu sensors. everytime goes on kernel panic.

i have see other skylake notebooks and working,and i try these Fakesmc and sensors. all other sensors "working"

the cpu always goes on kernel panic... Any Idea about ?

Might be lacking native power management as well as an adequate SkyLake SMBIOS. Without that you are doomed to crashes and instability.

I hate to double-post, but I think this thread is more appropriate for my questions:

How to tell if ACPISensors is installed?  I installed it using the pkg, but it doesn't show in kextstat.  I do see LPCSensors and GPUSensors there.

Four out of five fans show the wrong speed, and CPU heatsink temp never changes.  Maybe this would be fixed by using ACPISensors?

Should I report this issue on GitHub?

Since few versions back I can no longer auto update. It gives message thast new version exists, downloads & on install instantly gives error:

"An error occurred while relaunching HWMonitor, but the new version will be available next time you run HWMonitor."

New version is NOT available on next restart, as the same happens again

Manual upgrade works fine.

All on EFI = Not work

Absolutely NOT the case. I have all kext in 10.10 folder on EFI next to FakeSMC & loads/works fine (with Clover)

Plugin subfolder must be created inside Contents folder

HWmonitor.app ,FAKESMC.kext and plugins  version 6.23.1417 is out !

http://www.hwsensors.com/content/01-releases/43-release-1417/HWSensors.6.23.1417.pkg

·  CPUSensors: Support for more Skylake models

·  Feature  GPUSensors: Initial Pascal support

·  Feature  HWMonitor: Use monospaced font in status bar (Thanks to MrMage for suggestion)

·  Bug Fix  Fixed installer issues

:thumbsup_anim:

How is there Pascal support?  I still haven't seen any OS X Nvidia drivers for Pascal.

All I found is here from the author Natan Zalkin  : ( the word "initial" has a sense though ...) perhaps he took the preliminary information from LINUX/FREEBSD drivers ?

https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/commit/51937f7234c8e20c037326f7c4afe8ded5a10489

@ROBASEFR, don't waste your time. Obviously Llamafilm cannot make the difference between graphics support for a dGPU at OS level and support for a piece of hardware for monitoring purposes at a sensor/driver level. Not quite the same thing... But I guess he has not understood yet that Kozlek's FakeSMC PlugIns play no part in graphics acceleration/support for GPUs. And as you quite rightly highlighted, the word "initial" was not used for nothing.

Sorry I have a really dumb question.

How do I install this program?

I've run the .pkg installer, rebooted, and all I get the HWMonitor app is disk temp.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 and a i7-6700K. I used clover to make the install

Thanks

Sorry I have a really dumb question.

How do I install this program?

I've run the .pkg installer, rebooted, and all I get the HWMonitor app is disk temp.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 and a i7-6700K. I used clover to make the install

Thanks

As already else where explained in this topic: For Clover use

First : Uninstall all the kexts (FakeSMC+ 4 sensors kexts)  from S/L/E !

1. Extract the .pkg with Pacifist in a new folder ( Then you get: HWMonitor.app;FakeSMC.kext and 4 sensors kexts (Acpi, Cpu, Gpu and LPC) )
  2. Create a  "PlugIns" subfolder inside FakeSMC.kext/Contents
  3. Copy the 4 sensors.kexts inside that folder
  4. Copy the "New" FakeSMC.kext inside the EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.12
  5. reboot

Good luck