1,167 posts in this topic

Hello every one

please how i can know what kind of chip i have

i have only one partition with OSX and no windows to test

my Mobo is MSI H67MA-E35 B3

and this is the log

Feb 10 21:21:02 imac kernel[0]: W836x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:02 imac kernel[0]: NCT677x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:02 imac kernel[0]: IT87x: [Warning] invalid super I/O chip ID=0xffff

Feb 10 21:21:02 imac kernel[0]: F718x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:06 imac kernel[0]: W836x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:06 imac kernel[0]: NCT677x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:06 imac kernel[0]: IT87x: [Warning] invalid super I/O chip ID=0xffff

Feb 10 21:21:06 imac kernel[0]: F718x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:08 imac kernel[0]: W836x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:08 imac kernel[0]: NCT677x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:08 imac kernel[0]: IT87x: [Warning] invalid super I/O chip ID=0xffff

Feb 10 21:21:08 imac kernel[0]: F718x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:09 imac kernel[0]: W836x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:09 imac kernel[0]: NCT677x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:09 imac kernel[0]: IT87x: [Warning] invalid super I/O chip ID=0xffff

Feb 10 21:21:09 imac kernel[0]: F718x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:09 imac kernel[0]: W836x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:09 imac kernel[0]: NCT677x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:09 imac kernel[0]: IT87x: [Warning] invalid super I/O chip ID=0xffff

Feb 10 21:21:09 imac kernel[0]: F718x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:10 imac kernel[0]: W836x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:10 imac kernel[0]: NCT677x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

Feb 10 21:21:10 imac kernel[0]: IT87x: [Warning] invalid super I/O chip ID=0xffff

Feb 10 21:21:10 imac kernel[0]: F718x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x10 REVISION=0x7

thanks for your help

Advertisement
New Nuvoton doesn´t seem to work on Sabertooth P67:

I get this same message with the new Nuvoton, the chip does not appear to be identified, exactly the same entry in kernel log.

Newest version doesn´t change anything on Sabertooth P67, sadly sad.png

OK,

I fixed NCT677x plugin, at least for my setup but IMHO should work for others too.

Limited the temperatures to 2: Sytem and CPU,, the Auxiliary, as rest of NCT677x capable sensors reading temperature require a much elaborated code since it depends on Vendor implementation (if more then 2 fans are implemented and stuff like that).

OpenHardwareMonitor as Linux code is as best in beta stage, anyway they try to get max 3.

Voltages, only CPU and 3V one are correct, rest require a math(see datasheet and programming guide) and since I cant bet on iStat(it does own math depending on specific key) I need to have them implemented in monitoring app/menuextra, or figure out how to compile those, if possible...

Fans, only 2 are set for now, if you have more just add the desired name on FANINx entry in info.plist.

Enjoy!

post-53345-0-01215600-1329179003_thumb.png

post-53345-0-44800900-1329179020_thumb.png

NuvotonNCT677x.kext.zip

NCT677X_fsmc4_source.zip

OK,

I fixed NCT677x plugin, at least for my setup but IMHO should work for others too.

Limited the temperatures to 2: Sytem and CPU,, the Auxiliary, as rest of NCT677x capable sensors reading temperature require a much elaborated code since it depends on Vendor implementation (if more then 2 fans are implemented and stuff like that).

OpenHardwareMonitor as Linux code is as best in beta stage, anyway they try to get max 3.

Voltages, only CPU and 3V one are correct, rest require a math(see datasheet and programming guide) and since I cant bet on iStat(it does own math depending on specific key) I need to have them implemented in monitoring app/menuextra, or figure out how to compile those, if possible...

Fans, only 2 are set for now, if you have more just add the desired name on FANINx entry in info.plist.

Enjoy!

Works fine for me, thanks. :)

post-413183-0-12777300-1329183232_thumb.png post-413183-0-13818800-1329183300_thumb.png

Hi Mozodojo!

sorry, I did not write English well...

I've got two kinds of motherboards( ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1(use mobo) and ASUS Maximus4 Gene-z(use mobo) )

The boards using Nuvoton NCT6776F sensor chip.

i installed ACPISensors.kext, FakeSMC.kext, RadeonX.kext, IntelThermal.kext, NuvotonNCT677x.kext and HWMonitor.app

However, the latest version of the chip will not recognize in NCT677x.kext

KernelLog output this message:

NCT677x: [Warning] wrong vendor chip ID = 0xc3 REVISION = 0x33 VENDORID = 0xffff

Please help me. Thank you!

1.png?w=e3e860d12.png?w=af2ed048

Should work now. Seems some chips returning 0xffff instead of proper vendor-id.

Heh, including the plug-in as was uploaded could save some time/trouble ;)

About IntelThermal, now it does read the multiplier but not turbo ones

If we can add those and rest of the stuff from OpenHardwareMonitor would be great! :)

Heh, including the plug-in as was uploaded could save some time/trouble ;)

About IntelThermal, now it does read the multiplier but not turbo ones

If we can add those and rest of the stuff from OpenHardwareMonitor would be great! :)

Now we are working together. IntelThermal is excluded from the project by IntelCPUmonitor.

Check rev530.

What stuff did you find in OpenHardwareMonitor?

What stuff did you find in OpenHardwareMonitor?

post-53345-0-75768100-1329493922_thumb.png

So github is gone and we are back to assembla, good!

Didn't have time to check IntelCpuMonitor, I will check.

P.S. A little organization in folders for each one as was on mozo would be great.

post-53345-0-75768100-1329493922_thumb.png

So github is gone and we are back to assembla, good!

Didn't have time to check IntelCpuMonitor, I will check.

P.S. A little organization in folders for each one as was on mozo would be great.

Yes, but I am leaving the scene.

Yes, but I am leaving the scene.

Good job, mozo!

Don't rely on, I'll come back later.

I am confused...

Anyway good luck with your plans mozo and thanks for the work you did/share so far.

I only want to remember to check real stepping after using new fakesmc + intelthermal by msrdumper.

For me it was not only an cosmetic problem - showing an fixed 10* multiplier , it was real fixed multiplier problem. Stepping stopped working.

For me, IntelThermal shows fixed multiplier 10* and that was real - no stepping shown also in msr dumper. Went back to older fakesmc + InteCPUMonitor = stepping works again with same OSX and same dsdt.

Dont know if maybe bit newer builds or other C2D cpus like mine (E7400) dont have that effect but i would cross check stepping with msrdumper.

my first thinking: could it be that IntelThermal MSR reads can block the native AppleIntelCPU.kext in changing the MSR stepping tasks by timing problems / interrupt problems in the msr read code (maybe depends on CPU type also if problem happens) ?

@mitch_de

After some fixes that seem to be made is this working for you now in 10.7.3? I know you had a problem with speedstepping with this newer version but since it seems some mods were made were you able to try it since then to get it to work with speedstepper for 10.7.3?

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now