• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
MacFaulty

IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:87

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

My friend has got a laptop (HP Pavilion DV7-3020ED) and he successfully installed MAC SL on it and updated to 10.6.7.

The problem is, if he tries to boot from HDD he gets: IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:87 error, no KP, but it just hangs there :S

Does anybody know how to fix this?

The HDD format type is MBR.

He can still boot with nawcom's boot CD, can anybody enlighten me how I can disassemble this bootCD (editing), put it back together and burn it to CD? Or, better, does anybody know how to solve this error? It is only when booting from HDD, if booting with bootCD everything is fine.

Hope anybody can enlighten me, help me with this issue ;)

Greets to all of you!

Wcool

P.S. I think there is a kext missing or something. But don't know which one. He did install the ioatafamily (all 3rd party SATA controllers, because he doesn't have an AHCI option in BIOS).

Ah, I just found something to disassemble the mkext file on the modCD.

I think my problem is solved :D

Nice necro but its ok :) I had same issue yesterday when trying to install on a amd machine. Here are some commands that made it work:

-amd arch=i386 busratio=20 maxmem=2048

I think arch=i386 made the difference for me