ALC892 and ASUS | Lion 10.7.2 | VoodooHDA 5.1/7.1 channels

mrhevor

9 posts in this topic

Realtek ALC892 edited on VoodooHDA v2.7.2

version modded for ASUS motherboard and not only (especially tested on ASUS P8Z68-VPro BIOS version 1101).

Now we have 5.1 / 7.1 CHANNELS VERSION working!

I've patched all node follow tricks to enable all lineouts 'cause Apple doesn't use multichannel analog output, so we need to use a different Default Association for each line-out (giving a correct order to last two hex value where sequence is always zero).

The goal is the node 27 who work like master for all lineouts. And I've also patched the Microphone frontal setting equal to rear but with sequence F to have the next Line IN enabled!

device id <20 1c 00 00>

vendor id <86 80 00 00>

(No HDMI function)

After the 4 channels version, I try to enable the others lineouts.

This time 5.1/7.1 channels are successfully active: Line Out GREEN, ORANGE, BLACK (5.1) and automatic GREY (7.1) if you have it.

These files have:

Line-Out(Green Rear) (2 channels)

-work great, NO noise like turn on/off caused by AppleHDA [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 4.2.1 combo, NO continuous noise like wind by VoodooHDA 2.7.x. If you hear any noise go to System Preferences - VoodooHDA panel - and turn on SSE2

Line-Out (Orange Rear) work great.

Line-Out (Black Rear) work great.

...Line-Out (Grey Rear) automatic enabled if you have it (give another 2 channels so you can be able to combine 7.1).

Microphone (Pink Rear) work well.

Line-In (Blue Rear) seems work.

Headphones(Green Front) work well.

SPDIF out work (Orange).

SPDIF in work (Yellow).

Installation instruction:

• -clear system cache
    -if you have DSDT with HDEF patch, delete HDEF section.
    -delete ALL audio kexts like: AppleHDA, HDAEnabler,ALC8xx, AppleHDA1062 (remember to eliminate especially this last one :cool: )
    -install VoodooHDA.kext with Kext Wizard or any other kexts installation program.
    -to install VoodooHDA panel on System Preferences do:
    on terminal switch to root user and:

cp /User/<your name>/Downloads/VoodooHDA.prefPane.tar /System/Library/PreferencePanes
cd /System/Library/PreferencesPanes
tar xvf  VoodooHDA.prefPane.tar
chown -R root:wheel VoodooHDA.prefPane

That's all, now reboot and test it.

PS Please read and follow instructions, if you dont, you can have Kernel Panic.

With 5.1/7.1 channels you can try to build combined device

Next versions I try to complete HDMI function, stay tuned and enjoy sound.

So again for now that's all , enjoy it.

--

---

-----

WHAT IS VOODOOHDA SSE2 Enabler??? It's only an AUTOMATIC SSE2 ENABLER FLAG script , if you dont want dont install it.

P.S. I've added a script called also VoodooHDA SSE2 Enabler, you can easily install it on Application, then go to System Preferences-Universal Access and flag to Enable access to assistent devices then go to System Preferences - Accounts and groups - your account and go to Login Elements to add at login this script. Every time you login this script enable in auto SSE2 and Enhance stereo.

Bye,

mrhevor aka tHEVisitOR.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

VoodooHDA.prefPane.zip

VoodooHDA SSE2 Enabler.zip

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...