Fail installing lion

Júlio César

4 posts in this topic

I downloaded this iso www.heroturko.com/softwares/mac/1423886-mac-os-x-107-lion-install-dvd-for-pc-fixed-072011.html and i was testing on virtualbox and worked well, but on my pc the dvd boot was REALLY SLOW, like 1-3 minutes do load all the kexts, then when the loading was done i got this "errors".

post-421834-0-03441700-1327942151_thumb.jpg

How fix?

Looks like one of those kext's isn't playing ball with your system. It's the Disabler.kext... Have you tried using a vanilla install disc rather than a distro because the distros are renowned for being slow. Whilst its more likely to run on a wider range of hardware, you should always try using a vanilla install.

If you still wanna use a distro you could try iAtkos L1 or L2 try both of those.

Also could you get that picture a little more focused because its not particularly clear to read :P

Looks like one of those kext's isn't playing ball with your system. It's the Disabler.kext... Have you tried using a vanilla install disc rather than a distro because the distros are renowned for being slow. Whilst its more likely to run on a wider range of hardware, you should always try using a vanilla install.

If you still wanna use a distro you could try iAtkos L1 or L2 try both of those.

Also could you get that picture a little more focused because its not particularly clear to read :P

Sorry, this photo is from my mobile cant get better, the iAtkos problem is the distro is a dmg not a iso, and i don't have any mac available to burn to a dvd and start over.

Anyway to "burn" the iso to a fat32|ntfs partition from windows? Like start windows use some program and "burn" it to a partition? to install it?

You could burn the dmg to a disc then use some imaging software to make an image from the disc in windows :)

But to do that you'll need a Mac system, you can get Mac Virtual machines from a certain bay which hosts pirates ;)

That will allow you to use some kind of system to get the image burned.

I'd say the best thing to do is to restore the dmg file to a USB drive so that you can change the files...

You should be able to customise the installation by adding certain kexts and maybe a different kernel.

However if you can't get a VM working then I suggest you try partitioning your hard drive into 2 parts and installing Snow Leopard on one and leaving the other available to test installs of Lion.

I think your best bet is to find all the appropriate DSDT and kext's for your system and following Mald0n's USB method, all you need is a plain Lion disc image, a Mac OS X system already and that's pretty much it.

Here's the link to his guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

Hope you get some kind of resolve soon!