Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Intel HD 3000, freezes and lines

2 posts in this topic

HP ProBook 4530s: Intel Core-i5 2430m, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Crucial M4-CT128M4SSD2, 8GB RAM, Atheros AR9285, Realtek RTL8111/8168B

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Device ID: 0x0116

Revision ID: 0x0009

VRAM: 512 MB (because of 8GB RAM).

There are graphical problems: lines and hangs of everything on the screen but the mouse can move. Already found that it doesn't depend on software and if I'm using Snow Leopard, then everything is fine. If I'm using only one bar of 4GB RAM in Lion, then everything is fine, too. These issues are returned only in combination Lion + 8 GB RAM. I'm using the latest version of Chimera. Playing with the key "Graphics Enabler" does not help, but it is not needed because the card identified well without it.

Using the latest beta build of the Lion shows that the same problems remained. I have confidence (perhaps due to the fact that no other versions), the problem is related to the frequency. I have a processor Intel Core-i5 2430m, where the parameter "Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency" is 1.2 GHz. Apple, in turn, uses 2415m and 2435m processors in MBP8,1. They set this parameter to 1.3 GHz. Laptop screen uses LVDS connection type, and here is my connection string from AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext:

0503 0000 0200 0000 3000 0000

The first option means that it is LVDS, and the other two I do not know. Maybe one of them responsible for the frequency.

Let me remind you that there are no problems in the Snow Leopard. I compared the ioreg of 10.6.8 with 10.7.2. Important difference is "NumFrameBuffer". In 10.7.2 it is "04" in 10.6.8 - "02". Maybe I need to have a closer look for some parameters?

RevoGirl had the similar problem:

The difference is that she corrected the DVI-connector.

0205 0000 0004 0000 0700 0000 to 0205 0000 0004 0000 0850 0000

But what is the 0700, 0850 ... is not clear. I can't ask her, as I can't find her contacts.

Thank you for the attention.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Punkdat
      I’m starting a designing course and I’ve been told a Macbook is the best option to handle specific softwares like adobe Photoshop perfectly.
      Right now, i’m studying in Lisbon, Portugal. So, I would need to buy it from some Portuguese store, in case I need to claim warranty.
      Anyway, I started my search and found som results, fort some Portuguese stores , i’ll leave a link below.
      I'm aware that a desktops like a Mac Pro would be a much suitable solution, but I need a laptop to take to classes.
      I think a 13” Model is enough since the retina screen helps me see details better, but I don’t understand the software requirements for each type of software.
      What do you guys think I sould buy?
      Feel free to make any question or suggestion!
      My research:https://www.tecmagnet.com/produtos/equipamento/portateis?pagina=1&q=Apple+-+13%22+-+13-9%22+-+&id_marca=13&query=%5B%5B%2219%22%2C%2269%22%5D%5D
    • By johnverz
      Hardware Info: HP ENVY Sleekbook 4-1009tu 1.4GHz i3-2367M (check here)
      MacOS version: Sierra (10.12.3)
      Please help me make Intel HD 3000 work with this machine. I tried to patch DSDT using MaciASL but to no avail. I am having screen glitch, poor graphics performance, no glass interface and only 4MB graphics memory. I cannot change screen brightness too. I attached my config.plist and my DSDT.aml file. Please help. Thank you
    • By rostacik
      hi gents.
      sorry if I post into a wrong forum, but I think this one is best I was able to find here.
      so my problem :
      After last big update on 22.12. my track pad is not working at all. I wasn't present when the update happened, but I was told that "everything worked fine, but after reboot, trackpad is not working at all". I tried to reset SMC, reset NVRAM, remove old OS and make a clean install, nothing helps. trackpad sometimes works at the startup like 10-20s, then if stops.
      Data about the machine :
      Current OS - High Sierra 10.13.2
      Mac BookPro (Retina, 13 inch, mid 2014)
      Model ID - MacBookPro11,1
      Boot ROM - MBP111.0142.B00
      SMC - 2.16f68
      could you point me to some tool or some how to that would tell me if my HW is workig? how can I check, if my version of SMC or boot ROM is the correct one and is OK?
      any help appreciated.
    • By MorenoAv
      Hi Guys,
      I have random freezes in safari, I'm using intel graphicsfixup.kext, lilu, and my iTunes don't crash, anyone knows the reason that this happens?
      Thanks in Advance
      Send me iMac de AM.zip
    • By shivadellvostro3550
      I want to hackinstosh dell vostro 3550 for ios development.
      My laptop specs.
      Processor - i3- 2310 M 2.1 GHz
      Graphics - Intel HD 3000 with Switchable AMD Radeon HD 6630M
      RAM - 8GB
      Hard Disk - 500GB 5400rpm 
      i have been studying different forums and watched some tutorials. I am now familiar with terminology and procedure. I came across some posts on Stackoverflow  that intel HD 3000 has problems with Xcode and Android Studio emulators on Mac OS. I also found some threads mentioning Audio has some problems on intel sandybridge hd 3000 graphics laptops.  
      Can anyone tell me if i can use hackintoshed laptop for both ios and Android development?