Possible to change place, Answer / Decline ?

trasman

3 posts in this topic

I just bought my first iPhone and so far I'm pretty annoyed.

For example, the Answer and Decline button for incoming calls are backwards, Answer to the right and Decline to the left.

Is there actually a point in making it this way, when every other phone has it the other way around, Answer to the left and Decline to the right?

Is there a way to change this?

My device is a iPhone 4S, IOS 5.0.1, Jailbroken.

Photo-Aug-21-11-50-18-AM-e1313946471782.pngIncomingCall_preview.jpg

If it's jailbroken then there probably is a way to do it as you have root access.

I believe the reason may be something to do with usability.

The majority of the worlds population is right handed. When holding the phone in your right hand you are able to answer calls with the thumb of your right hand comfortably.

It makes sense to me.

If it's jailbroken then there probably is a way to do it as you have root access. I believe the reason may be something to do with usability. The majority of the worlds population is right handed. When holding the phone in your right hand you are able to answer calls with the thumb of your right hand comfortably. It makes sense to me.
Yes, your point makes totally sense. I have not thought about it that way before.

But still, since I've used the left button for answering a phone as long as I can remember (and still do on my home phone), I' actually sometimes press the Decline button by mistake. Really annoying. I dont whant two standards, one is enough for me.

So, if someone knows a way, please let me know. I've tried searching for this without any luck.