Music Production (Logic 9/X,Cubase 5/6) with Hackintosh or better buy a "real" Macbook

HousemusicProducer

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I want to know if I can produce Music with a Hackintosh good (without latencyproblems,Plugins/Vstsproblems something like that)?

I want to buy Logic Pro 9 for 199$,but is it better to buy a "real" Macbook Pro 15 or can i buy a Alienware M14X with Hackintosh too?

And what is with driver for Audiointerfaces,Synthesizer,Keyboards? Does it works fine?

Thanks! :)

Regrads

Macbook should work better with OSX, with Alienware you may get various compatibility issues. However, you can search the forum for specific model.

The problem with laptops is that you don't have much choice in terms of customization, and customization is essential when you're looking for compatibility.

• 1 month later...

Dont buy the m14x. It may have the nice 555m graphics but its useless in OS X so you basically have the specs of a much lower end model. Now I wish I had bought something with ATI graphics even though I hate ATI. They're literally the AMD of the graphics world.

I take back what I said, apparently it is possible in Lion. Search the forum and you'll find info.