Installing OS X 10.6.3 Hazard on AMD

30 posts in this topic

Hello, :)

I'm trying to install Hackintosh OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 (Hazard) on a PC with the following components:

Gigabyte GA-770GA-UD3,

AMD Phenom II X4 945,

4GB DDR3,

ATI Radeon HD 5770,

Maxtor 250GB S-ATA II (Hard Disk 1),

Samsung 500GB S-ATA II (Hard Disk 2),

and two optical drives.

I've already changed S-ATA Mode in the BIOS (from IDE to AHCI), but during the installation I get a Kernel Panic error (as you can see in the attached image).

I hope you can help me to solve this problem.

Thank you very much.

post-949938-0-10984500-1326810196_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

try; -v -f cpus=1 busratio=20 arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

if still not working, try an -x after the -f to get safe mode. A -s instead should get you to your single user screen. Which can be emmensly helpfull!

I have separate drives for my windows and SnowLeopard. Not sure if this will work for dual-booting different partitions or not. Some one else will have to chime in on that.

These instructions are for a separate harddrive.

Burn a new copy of iATKOS S3 v2 to DVD. Preferably an RW disk. (This is the one I used) At the SLOWEST speed your burner will burn.

Restart with the DVD in the drive and wait for the first splash screen. Takes a while, about 7 1/2 minutes on my system.

Should give you a choice of languages. Choose the one you are most comfortable with, then click <NEXT>

On the next page point the mouse at Utilities in the top menu, scroll down to Disk Utilities and click that. Choose the drive you are going to use and format that to the default choice of HFS+(Journeled). Single partition unless you want separate for downloads or something. Click <OPTIONS> and choose (GUID) Just works better than MBR does.

Name it. Mine is snow.

Click on <FORMAT> (might be <CONTINUE>) (( the stuff for doing one disk and multiple partitions for different OS's is slightly different, and I don't know it because I don't use it.))

Close the Disk Utilities.

read the legal stuff, click <I agree>

Choose your disk or partition from the screen giving you that choice, then click <CUSTUMIZE> or something simular at the bottom left of the screen.

Bunch of choices here.

click the little triangles to open things up.

I am running a Home Built with an ASUS M4A78 motherboard with and AMD ATHLON II X2 250 processor, two EIDE drives, a SATA drive and an exterior USB drive. (My Snow Leopard install is on the USB drive.)

2 gigs DDR2 memory (bare minimum for this, I believe) an ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, and can use either a Sound Blaster Live PCI card, or the onboard sound)

For the bootloader, choose the ANV one, It is for AMD

For Kernel choose the Qoopz 10.3.0. It is for AMD.

then go through and choose the bare minimum to get your install to start.

Click off all of the languages and printers, unless you know what yours is, then choose it.

If you are using wired-in ethernet, choose the one that matches yours (Probably going to be Realted rtl8169)

If you are using wireless ethernet, you might get lucky and find yours listed. I didn't, mine had to be added after start-up.

Click the triangle for Graphics and then either the ATI or NVidia triangles. If you use NVidia there are a lot of choices, and your card will most likely be there, or one of the injectors will get it up and running for you.

ATI, on the other hand has maybe 5 choices, and your card may not be covered at all. If so you will have to hunt for drivers for it. Lot of good people with work arounds and patches on this site and in these forums.

for RTC you should be ok with the default choice.

For sound choose the VoodooHDA, which will bring up most onboard HDA sound systems.

choose USBFix. choose Fakesmc.kext

if there is a choice for AppleAPCIPlatform fix chose it. Same with AppleAPCIFamily fix

There maybe a couple others, also, but these will get you to startup.

Click <OK> or <INSTALL> , then let it run. Takes between twenty minutes and a half hour to do this.

When it reboots pop the DVD out of the drive, and let the Harddrive boot to the chameleon prompt with your finger over the F8 key. When the prompt appears, press the F8 key, and the screen will show you all your bootable harddrives.

Mouse won't work for this screen. Use the arrow keys to highlight the drive or partition with your OSX install on it..

Now type: -v -f cpus=1 busratio=20 arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=Yes EthernetBuiltIn=Yes USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=1 and press <ENTER>.

IF everything was entered right, including the command line stuff above (exaclty as typed, missing capitals make a difference, the command line is case-sensitive)

you will get the first start up screen complete with music.

Did you partition the destination drive with the GUID partition table? If not, go to Disk utility and select your drive and go to Partition. Change the partition table to GUID and format as Mac journaled.

Make sure you're not installing on a usb drive, that might also be the cause of your problem.

Sorry I didn't understand! :blush:

I've already tried to partitioning and formatting as Mac Journaled, but without success. <_<

Meanwhile, I've tried other iso of Snow Leopard and I was able to install the iso called "SNOWLEO MAC Snow Leopard OSX86_64". But unfortunately, after the installation, I get another error during the boot, about the "AppleUsbEHCI" :huh:

There's no way to make this damned Snow Leopard working! :fiery:

Getting your machine to boot OS X is all about selecting the correct drivers. Some drivers might be incorrect for your system, creating problems which cause your system to be unable to boot. Try installing with selecting as few drivers as possible. Then find drivers suitable for your hardware and installing them one by one.

It's all about patience and persistence. We've all been through this.

Thank you! :D Now Snow Leopard it's working! Internet too it's working, I'm typing from Hackintosh now! :D :D :D

I've made a "Customized Installation" of SnowLeo Mac, selecting the right drivers according to my hardware configuration.

There are only two things that I'd like to fix: the OS language is english, and I'd like to change it into italian language.. but unfortunately I can't do it from "System Preferences". Is there some language pack that I can download and install?

The other problem is about the video resolution: I have an Ati Radeon HD 5750, but the max resolution is 1024x768.. I'd like to change it to 1920x1080. :worried_anim:

Thank you very much! :lol:

Well done! You're getting there..

You can change the system language from Language support in system settings. It will automatically download the required language packs.

For the 5750, I don't have any experience with that card, but you can check www.kexts.com for drivers.

I've installed the kexts for my ATI Radeon HD 5750, and now the resolution is Full HD 1920x1080. :)

I've also tried to change the language following your suggestion, but (I don't know how it's possible) now I've both english and italian language (at the same time): some strings are in italian, others in english. :| It can be fixed?

I've already rebooted, many times, but the language of the OS is still in english and italian at the same time. :|

But this is not too important.. now I have another problem: When I open VLC Media Player (I've downloaded the Mac-Intel version), I get an error like "You can't open the application because it is not supported on this Mac". The same with other softwares.

Moreover, when I try to open a video with iTunes, QuickTime or other softwares, (.mkv, .avi etc.) i can't see the video: it plays only the audio track.

Then I've a curiosity: Can I update the OS from 10.6 to 10.6.8 using Software Update? :/

Thank you again! :)