Trying to Find Compatible OSx86 Distribution for Dell GX620

eks1910

7 posts in this topic

I've been trying to find a complete compatible OSx86 distribution form my Dell Optiplex GX620. All the one that I have found so far (iDebneb or iATKOS) have failed, the 2 iDebneb torrents must be missing files, because BitTorrent stops and shows and error message saying files are missing, and all I end up with is a 356MB file that is usless, the iATKOS doesn't seem to exist or there are no seeds.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a full and complete compaitable OSx86 distribution ISO torrent file for the following:

Dell Optiplex GX620

BIOS: A07 (03/31/06)

CPU: Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz

CPU Clock Speed: 2.80GHz

CPU Bus Speed: 800MHz

CPU L2 Cache: 2MB

CPU ID: 0F47

Multiple Core Capable: Yes (Dual)

Hyper-threading Capable: No

64-Bit Technology: Yes (Intel EM64T)

RAM: 2.0 GB

Memory Speed: 533MHz

Memory Channel Mode: Dual Interleaved

Memory Technology: DDR2 SDRAM

PCI info: Slot ID - PEG VGA, Display

Hard Drive: Western Digital SATA 80GB (WD800JD-75MSA3)

Optical Drive: Sony CD-RW/DVD-ROM (CRX310EE)

Video: 8MB (Onboard/PEG)

Sound:

Peripheral's:

Integrated NIC

USB

Thanks I saw the link talking about using Boot-132 CD and a retail copy of Mac OS (which I do own a legal copy of Leopard 10.5.0 DVD) tried it and it didn't work, all I got was the gray Mac boot screen with the Apple logo. The hard drive I'm using doesn't have any operating system on it. Do I need to add the Master Boot Record to the drive first?

Thanks but both of those look like they are talking about Snow Leopard, and the download links are DMG files, which a Intel PC can't make heads or tails of.

They didn't really answer my questions regarding a "Boot-132" loader specifically for the Dell GX620