WOW! Thank you so much!

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I love the new look, options and features of the site.

Just, everything that needed to be there is there and is doing awesome!

The only thing that sucks is: The search!!!! I search for a phrase like "nivida gtx 460" and the forum turns back no results. However if i search "site:insanelymac.com nividia gtx 460" I get the results i am looking for.

Before you say it: Yes, I have change the little drop down in the search to forums.

I really hope the search gets better, as a web developer I know how frustrating it can be to get things working properly. :)

But all in all great job guys!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback :).

I'm not having any trouble with that search when I try. It returns 108 results (see attached screenshot). Can you attach a screenshot and the URL of the page?

Poco

search_test_04_01_12.PNG

Thanks for the feedback :).

I'm not having any trouble with that search when I try. It returns 108 results (see attached screenshot). Can you attach a screenshot and the URL of the page?

Poco

I am sorry, You are right... its "GTX 460" that returns no results... however, even searching nvidia GTX 460 turns out mostly non relevant results

post-538112-0-65393300-1325725554_thumb.jpg

post-538112-0-97238500-1325725572_thumb.jpg

I have tried searching Powermac g5 and more irrelevant junk than good reading.

From what I can see MySQL is setup to only index words 4 characters and longer. I've updated our forum configuration to match to stop confusion, but contacting our host to look into allowing shorter searches as they are quite useful here.

@buoo: Unlike Google we don't sort by relevancy ;). Your second search hit the problem above and will give only results with "universal".

Poco

Thanks for your help! That is crazy that your SQL database is only cacheing words with more than 3 letters.

I took a look in one of my databases for a forum I run and the search_data not sure of yours is the same, caches any word with more than two letters and all numbers.

IE GTX, 460, the etc.....