I got an old netbook with Windows 7 on it. It's an ASUS EeePC 900. I tried installing iDeneb on it.
After a few attempts, I could finally install OS X (10.5.5/ iDeneb 1.3), but now I'm stuck.
When I choose not to transfer information, the installation takes me back to the "Welcome" screen.
Here are the laptop specs:
CPU: 1.6 GHz Intel Atom
Storage: 256GB SSD
P.S.: Sorry for using such an old system °^°
I'm new here and French.
I success to hack my Asus X751LJ and pass it to High Sierra 10.13.6, not easily, and everything works except the keyboard and the touchpad.
I tried VoodooPS2Controller, ApplePS2SmartTouchpad, even VoodooI2C, but nothing works...
Could someone help me? Is there a DSDT problem? Witch kext should I use?
I post my ACPI and Kexts folders and my IOReg.
Please... Help me. I'm desperate...
MacBook Pro de Candrahm.ioreg
I hope you can help me solve a mystery.
Even the amazing Mald0n has been working hard to help me find a solution, but now were are both stuck.
Creative thinking or maybe just help to see the forest for the trees would be highly appreciated.
Mac will not sleep.
Monitors sleep fine, and come back on with touch of keyboard.
GPU and CPU coolers are constantly running on idle to low load and will not go on standby no matter what we have tried.
Even when using full “Shut down” via apple menu the lights from the MoBo or GPU are pulsing slowly, which they normally dont as far as I recall.
(This specific issue could possibly be solved by using ErP Ready in BIOS. Haven´t tested this since that´s a smaller issue ATM)
Everything else seems to be working fine.
This problem started appr a week ago, and I have no idea why.
No major installs, updates or changes that I can think of.
• To be able to activate sleep via apple menu.
• To have it sleep within 15-30 secs and wake up quickly (like it did before) via push on Power button
• Running 10.13.6
• Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi
• Gtx 1080 Ti
• 32 GB Corsair RAM
• Intel i7 8700K
• 2 monitors via Displayport
• 6 internal disks (2 HDD, 4 SSD)
• 1 external backup
• 1 internal USB hub/SD reader
• 3rd party Bluetooth and Wifi (Asus MB not compatible)
• No Blutooth mouse, KB etc
WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR:
• Used Mald0n’s custom DSDT with latest config
• IUpdated to latest Security Update
• Updated to latest BIOS
• Updated NVIDIA webdriver and CUDA to latest
• Disconnected LED monitors and tested with old Mac monitor via DVI to see if Displayports were the issue
• Disabled Adobe CC Sync
• Run CleanMyMac
• No start-up apps or extensions in System Prefs
• Disk Utility: checked all disks
• Terminal: no info on wake reason at all. (Possibly because it doesn´t sleep, hence nothing is interrupting it).
• Blutooth allowed to wake sleep: set to OFF
• Power manager: only setting is “never switch off monitors”. The rest are off/unchecked
• BIOS: Tested by setting "ErP ready" to S5 > no difference
• DSDT and EFI folder screenshot attached.
I think that’s it - otherwise just ask
I have read a lot of articles on this type of issue, but none with a clear answer.
So if anyone can solve this mystery, it would be amazing!
Thank you in advance!
Of course it was something seemingly insignificant and stupid that prevented sleep: An unfinished PRINTER job....
After clearing the printer queue, it went to sleep but woke up immediately after due to a USB power issue. Possibly an internal USB/SD hub.
Mald0n used his magic and made a new DSDT file to fix that, and now the machine is running almost perfectly apart from a fickle Bluetooth (fingers crossed).
I have tried to install clover via no UEFI legacy mode (and with UEFI method) using the method here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html)
both times I can get to just past the clover boot screen and it freezes after that.
I have verbose (-v) selected in boot options: On the non-UEFI install then it hangs on:
"Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key>...."
I have had a lot of issues with trying to get the installer working and many different things that had to be disabled but now it just gets to here and stops. Some times it will glitch out on this screen and give me a the circle with the line through it and text garbage around it where the text in the pictures are.
Need help please.
This is the laptop im using the specs are the same nothing has changed.