Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unable to activate QE/CI in SL 10.6.8 and Nvidia 8400M GS graphics card

2 posts in this topic

I thing I've tried everything that I've read on the internet, and I'm still unable to activate QE/CI in my laptop. Before upgrading to 10.6.8 it worked, but now it doesn't anymore.

My graphics card is a Nvidia 8400M GS. I tried using the GraphicsEnabler=Yes option in chameleon, with no luck. I don't know if I should use some kexts or not (I tried some with no luck), but apparently my graphics card should be supported by default. Despite not having graphical acceleration, the screen resolution is fine, but I cannot watch youtube videos or use software like iMovie.

In case it helps, my computer is a Dell Vostro 1510, with a core 2 duo processor and 3gb ram.

Any suggestions?

Try editing your boot.plist located in /Extra and add:

<key>Graphics Enabler</key>

I've had some problems with this too although on a different computer. If that doesn't work I suppose you could try other Enablers such as Natit and NVenabler; just be sure to edit the info.plist to fit your device id. Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 16BitHusky
       am running sierra on a optiplex 780 with a pny gt 710. I followed a step by step guide here. My machine boots fine and actually shows that the pny 710 is recognized I have attached a link with proof. My issue is when I am doing anything that relates to video it artifacts and slows alot. I understand that this is a cheap graphics card but from what I read online it seems like the other hackintoshes dont have this issue with this card. I am wondering if you have had any similar problems or solutions to this. I  also have attached my config file. I asked around on reddit and they said this could be related to the qe/ci. I am pretty new at this so I don't know how to enable this. I have installed the web drivers for 10.12.6 and that hasnt changed anything. 
    • By Sekkio
      Hello, I've successfully installed macOS Sierra (10.12.5) on my Lenovo Thinkpad x220i (2011).
      I followed the x220 mcdonnelltech guide which I had to remove AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle kext as it prevented the os from booting up. Everything is working fine except the brightness (which I fixed via the guide) and QE/CI is not working.
      The dock is not transparent and images are failing to load in screensaver and I'm experiencing lags/delay in launchpad.
      I'm using all of the stock Intel graphics kexts except AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle.
      How do I enable full QE/CI acceleration in Intel HD 3̶0̶0̶0̶?
      I believe that it could be achieved if I manage to get AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle working but, I absolutely have no idea how (It shows white apple logo with a loading bar that is stuck on 0%, verbose mode shows nothing related to the problem. ).
      I also tried various patched Intel graphics kext which had no effects .
      The problem may lie in the config.plist, dsdt or the bios setting.
      My Specs:
      Intel HD 3̶0̶0̶0̶ Graphics 384mb
      Vendor: Intel (0x08086)
      Device ID: 0x0116
      Revision ID: 0x0009
      Resolution: 1366 x 768
      Intel® Celeron® CPU 847 @ 1.10GHz
      smbios: MacBook Pro 8,1
      clover: config.plist and dsdt are from the mcdonnelltech guide
      Any help would be really appreciated!
      Update: I do not have Intel he 3000, I have Intel HD instead. I will be trying to create my own working dsdt, thank you for the clarification.
    • By nico3469
      Hey guys
      Here is my little guide to install OSX 10.6.8 on the EeePC 1000H.
      I'll quote some of the CicciMTS and scenemusic topics, thank you guys.
      What is needed ?
      A Asus EeePC 1000H
      A 8GB or more USB Pen drive
      An empty hard disk drive
      An other mac or hackintosh
      A USB mouse
      My package of tools, including the latest Apple OS X 10.6.8 Combo update
      Restore and Boot from USB
      On your mac/hack, go to Disk Utility, find your USB Pen drive, erase it with GUID Partion Table and Mac Extended Format (journaled). Then, restore your iAtkos image on your USB pen drive.
      Next, you need to make your USB drive Bootable. Find Chameleon in the tools Folder, open it and install it on your new Snow Leopard USB pen drive.
      Boot into BIOS, if available, set the SATA mode to AHCI. If you can't it should work too so don't worry
      Select your USB Pen Drive and boot on it. Chameleon will appear, select your iAtkos install drive, and type -v to boot in verbose mode. After a moment, the OSX installer should appear. Trackpad will not work so plug in a usb mouse. Select your language and click next. on the top of the screen, find disk utilty, and erase your HDD with GUID Partion Table and Mac Extended Format (journaled) options, and close Disk Utility. Click Next until the installer ask you on which drive you want to install OSX. Do not install it yet, click on Customize. Select the following options :

USB (all)

SATA/AHCI or INTEL SATA/IDE if you didn't enable AHCI in your bios

GMA950 (all)

Ralink RT2860

Click OK and install OSX on your HDD.
      First Boot and update to 10.6.8
      Remove your USB stick from your computer, Chameleon should appear, boot your new OSX installation with -v boot flag. Once you've created your account you should be on your desketop.
      Run the Combo Update installer but do not reboot!! Force Quit out of the installer (hold down the Option key and click and hold over the Installer icon in the Dock. Select Force Quit) and Run the Legacy Kernel installer and then reboot the machine.
      now you should see that your graphics driver doesn't work anymore. Run Kext Utility and let it repair the permissions and update the cache. when it says "all done" drag and drop all the graphics kext into kext utility, and when it says "all done", reboot your computer. Cross your fingers and reboot your computer. You should now have a fully working EeePC 1000H, with graphics, sound, wifi, USB, bluetooth and Ethernet Working with the lastest Snow Leopard update. You can have the latest security updates on your system with Software Update, it will not damage your installation.
      Sorry for my bad english, I'm french. Fell free to ask questions if you need, thank you guys
    • By Mr Rager
      Opa galera, boa noite! Beleza? 
      Então.. vou tentar ser o mais explicativo possível.
      Fiz a instalação, e o sistema mostra que é a Intel HD 620, porém, estou sem aceleração, e mostra apenas 7MB.
      Estou utilizando o plist do Rehab, que se encontra no repositório dele.

E eu só consigo iniciar o sistema, caso eu utilize uma invalid ig-platform-id inválida, como por exemplo: 0x12345678.
      Caso eu utilize a ig-platform-id 0x19160000, tenho o erro a seguir:

Pesquisando, vi que isso é relacionado a um problema de DVMT, que está em 32MB, e é necessário 64MB pelo que eu entendi.
      Na minha BIOS, existe uma opção que CREIO que seja relacionado a isso, porém, se eu seto 32, 64 ou 128 o mesmo erro continua a aparecer.. PORÉM, se eu desabilito essa opção, mostra o erro a seguir:

Alguém poderia me dar um help com isso?
      Minha pasta EFI segue em anexo, caso alguém queira tirar um tempinho para dar uma olhada.
      Lembrando que: As kexts FAKEPCIID e FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics estão em S/L/E.

Agradeço desde já!

• By oliveiro
      I have an almost fully working Intel HD Graphics in ElCapitan.
      At least QE & CI are working. I had graphic glitches in Dock background and windows titles, apparently due to my MBP9.2 SmBios (which I want to keep for Power Management reasons)

It's on an Asus Laptop (F301A-RX229H) with an Intel Pentium Mobile 2020M, which includes an Intel HD Graphics, not labelled 2500, but it has 6 execution Units like the 2500 series, and approximately same clock settings (650-1100) instead of 650-1150 for HD2500. You can check specs here and here. It seems like it's a lower end HD2500.

Vendor ID 8086 of course, Device ID 0156, rev 0009.
      I use chameleon with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, GraphicsMode=1366x768x32, IntelCapriFB=3
      (with Moutain Lion, previous setup on the same laptop, with QE/CI too, required IGPlatformID=01660003)
      I have vanilla AGPM and IntelGraphics kexts, SmBios MacBookPro 9.2, as mentionned before, and a custom DSDT, device is named GFX0.

Graphic Glitches were solved (accordingly to real macbookpro users forums) by reducing transparency in Accessibility Preferences Panel.

Hope it helps.