Snow Leopard on AMD FX-6100

bcb78

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to this forum & am having a heck of a time with my current OSx86 endeavor. This is my first install of SL on a system built from the ground up. Relevant components are as follows:

AMD FX-6100 (bulldozer)

Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 with integrated raedon 4250 graphics

4 gb g.skill ddr3 1600 mhz ram

using retail copy of 10.6.3 snow leopard

nawcom modcd using modbin_kernel

I was only able to boot into the installation disc using the modbin kernel, all other attempts resulted in a restart after 1st 'press any key to continue' prompt. After 2 times of the installation failing twice at the end of the process, I was able to get a clean install. The problem comes when I restarted the computer.

Upon booting up, the chameleon bootloader fires up & then restarts within a second or 2 of the Apple screen popping up. I am not experienced enough with this type of thing to know what I am really doing or how to get screenshots of error messages (none are visible).

Since I tried this most recent install, my Windows 7 was no longer able to boot, so I re-formatted & re-partitioned the drive. I had the same problem occur when I installed snow leopard on a fresh partition, tried both mbr & guid.

If anyone has any ideas for me to try to fix, please help. if there is more info that is needed, please let me know.

please help!