need some help...

n7zzt

1 post in this topic

Hello folks.

I originally installed OS X snow leopard on an intel machine a couple of years back )and I am still using it). however, this is a desktop unit and I would like to move this installation to my laptop. I own a retail copy of snow leopard, so there is no problem there. I know I should probably troll the archives on how to do this, but I am finding the site a lot harder to browse than was previously the case )I wasn't totally blind back then and I am now).

what I would like to do is take the retail disk and add some packages to it (Kext's and libraries) and then burn it to a new disk for the express purpose of installing it to my laptop machine (A core 2 duo intel DM processor machine). I have encountered a problem trying to get a dsdt on this machine (it is installed with VVinux 3.0.1). there doesn't seem to be such a file anywhere on the filesystem.

I really need to have my OS X be more portable,, as I will be going to the colorado center for the blind in late january and cannot take my bulky desktop with on the plane.

the machine is:

a fujitsu lifebook using the core 2 duo cpu. unsure what the onboard chipset is.

any help would be appreciated.