InsanelyMac Forum
brandonb21

iATKOS L2M- lion for x86 computers

This is designed for Apple X86 Intel CPU macs. what this is, is mac osx lion for x86 core duo cpus not tested yet by me yet but will follow up on this

edit 1 it looks like it dont support mbr partitions so your gonna have to patch it your self

edit 2 if anyone has osinstall 10.7.2 mbr patched please post it here nawcom deleted it on there site

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Edit 3: Link removed, please use brain before posting.

Advertisement

" iATKOS L2M >> iATKOS L2 for Macs"

This L2M is for Macs, not hackintosh! It makes it more easier to install on orig, Macs, for example if such an mac has 10.5 and not 10.6 on it.

So i dont think MBR patch ( to get it installed on MBR hfs+ HDs) make any sense. Use L2 for that.

Could someone close this thread...Next people are going to start thinking the M stands for a word I won't even dare type inside this thread for that very reason, all though it would be kinda funny.

Gee, thanks... I AM on a Macbook Pro BTW, not a hackintosh. and x86 means 32 Bit right? whereas it would say "lion for x64 computers"

Gee, thanks... I AM on a Macbook Pro BTW, not a hackintosh. and x86 means 32 Bit right? whereas it would say "lion for x64 computers"

My comment was not directed toward you, or anyone in particular for that matter, but definitely not you as your trying to use it for the correct purpose. Only thing you did was wake up an old thread that was probably better off staying old :) And yes, it is for Lion on 32bit Core Duo (not C2D). You should be able to DL it, burn it to disk with disk uility and install it on older intel MacbookPro

Since it may also have to cripple most of the core apps like Finder, I'm not gonna put it any where near my C2D Macbook as it can only hurt it or keep it the same, but no chance of any benefit just to try it. On 32bit Snow Leopard just works, and works really, really well. IMHO 10.6.7 was the most complete, refined and well rounded OS release ever, on any platform. I do wish my Macbook 2,1 would support Mountain Lion as there are some exclusive features of it I have come to use a lot, but Lion does not offer much over the last couple SL releases

Well, the thing is, it says it's for x86 cpus. but when I burned it and booted up from it it shows a prohibition sign.. do i need to use a bootloader and type arch=i386?

prohibition sign...that calls for a drink! Is it before the disk loads or after pinwheeling a while and are you holding "c" or option? try holding shift and "c" when you hear the chime to see if it will boot in safe mode