macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

@ Jon Lachonis

Just use the DSDT which works for u.

@ RDGnome

Why, whats the Problem ? The one which i made for u is more 3D specific, where as the one in kexts pack is for an Optimus laptop. Changes are done in the Video card section.

Hello,

First of all please excuse my English wich is not my native language.

I'm trying to boot from my iAtkos USB key but each time I get a "Operation System Not Found" Error.

I made this key by "restoring" iAtkos .dmg file on it and installing the latest Chameleon 2.1 bootloader via another iAtkos installation, and then replacing the files on Windows via MacDrive.

Since my laptop doesn't find any OS, i guess there is a problem with my bootloader installation but i have no clue about the source of this problem.

Can you help me please?

Hello,

First of all please excuse my English wich is not my native language.

I'm trying to boot from my iAtkos USB key but each time I get a "Operation System Not Found" Error.

I made this key by "restoring" iAtkos .dmg file on it and installing the latest Chameleon 2.1 bootloader via another iAtkos installation, and then replacing the files on Windows via MacDrive.

Since my laptop doesn't find any OS, i guess there is a problem with my bootloader installation but i have no clue about the source of this problem.

Can you help me please?

Did you install GUID Partition or MBR Partition Table?

Does any one have A.12 bios app ? dell has removed the A.12 bios from support page.

Sleep & wake works out of the box on A.12.

Update: Dell released a new bios update X56.

hello Mahesh, tried using your latest DSDT with the latest BIOS.

On my side, sleep still not working. stays on blank screen after hitting any keys or the power button. tried also closing the lid but same result

But no other issues encounter so far.

@Zpecter - have you installed the iatkos already? or you are trying to access the installation setup? Have you followed Mahesh guide properly?

@ C-cube

I am really disappointed with dell, I will start comparing the code of A.12 and A.17, hope we find some scope. By the way Do u have the A.12 bios.exe app ? Dell removed it from support page.

@Zpecter - have you installed the iatkos already? or you are trying to access the installation setup? Have you followed Mahesh guide properly?

No, I can't even select the boot options, when I press F8, it hangs.

@ C-cube

I am really disappointed with dell, I will start comparing the code of A.12 and A.17, hope we find some scope. By the way Do u have the A.12 bios.exe app ? Dell removed it from support page.

yeah they removed it but A11 still there. question, does sleep works under A11 or only in A12?

Sorry i don't have. got my laptop A14 OTB. but will try to look if i can salvage for A12 bios.

@Zpecter - try not to press F8 and let it boot to the installation setup/guide

Guys, does anyone experience jumpy movements of the USB mouse when laptop is under load, say loading YouTube videos or installing anything ? Touchpad mouse control works fine without delays, not pointer jumping.

UPDATE: I figured the culprit: my usb mouse was connected to high speed USB port along with HSDPA wireless modem on a neighbouring high speed port. I switched mouse to a 3rd port -- no more mouse lagging!

Try disconnecting all USB devices, sd cards, etc. Mine hung when I had a USB pen drive in. Although, it seems if you are booting from DVD iAtkos L2 you shouldn't need any boot options. In my install I just let the countdown expire and it booted fine.

I also remember that it hung when I had my iPhone in...

• Like 1

Hi all! I'm new on this topic, but I'm a bit confused after all...

First of all, I still haven't tried to install OSX, I got it on my Acer 5920G and I'm satisfied, so i'm thinking to put it also on L702x....

Well, just to check if I correctly understood.... I have a L702x with GT555M and NON 3D screen (i have 1600x900 display). So I have Optimus technology.

And there is NO WAY to make GT555M work under OSX, if I want to install OSX, the ONLY thing I can do is to disable it by deleting Nvidia Geforce and Fermi kexts.

Right? (or there is a way to start selectively OSX with GT555M as main and only display adapter and Intel HD Graphics hidden and sleeping?)

Thanks...

Try disconnecting all USB devices, sd cards, etc. Mine hung when I had a USB pen drive in. Although, it seems if you are booting from DVD iAtkos L2 you shouldn't need any boot options. In my install I just let the countdown expire and it booted fine.

I also remember that it hung when I had my iPhone in...

Thanks a lot, that was the problem. I had plugged the mouse usb connector.

Hello, I tried to install using iAtkos L2 but every time I press F8 for selecting the loading options, the laptop hangs. :wallbash: :wallbash:

What can I do?

I had same issue then realised it was due to my wireless mouse receiver plugged into USB! So maybe you have something in ur USB port??

Ok, so please forgive my first post above, didn't realize it had been answered already!

Just wanted to send thanks to Mahesh et al for this post and enabling me to get 10.7.2 running on my xps15.

Although my DSDT and SSDT are most likely not right (used the 2670qm one) my 2820qm acheived a healthy 10087 in 32bit and 11034 in 64bit.

I got sound, video, network all purring along. No card reader yet though.

I'm still a newbie at this and certainly couldnt have done it without this post!

Cheers!

Richie

My first post here so hopefully it's a useful one!

Dell still have all their previous BIOS revisions available on FTP. ftp://ftp.dell.com/bios/L702X_A12.exe

I took a risk and tried flashing this on my 1 week old L702X (A16 stock) and sadly the GT555m stopped working completely. I was able to use the Intel card fully, and sleep worked perfectly in OSX. The newer L702x's must have a new revision of the NVIDIA card that needs the newer bios. I've re-flashed A17 and the GT555m now works again, albeit it no longer sleeps in OSX again.

I don't remember exactly where I found the Winflash program, but the link was in another forum where people are modding the L702x bios to get higher NVIDIA clock speeds - there was a link to a version that allowed the downgrade without any fuss.

• Like 1

Thank you so much Justinramell, There is some thing mystical about A.12 as this is the only bios where sleep & wake works perfectly, but Dell removes it from their support page and treats A.11 as a better choice than A.12

Wake is back guys with A.12 bios and A.12 DSDT.aml in place :thumbsup_anim:

ok guys as a backup i attached A.12 bios archive to the first post. just in case if Dell deletes the A.12 bios from its ftp server as well.