macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

Thnks @webcivilian and @TimeWlaker75a for information. Have another question to bother you :) How to know if nvram is created? should it be in the same /etc folder? or in /EFI? and if there is no nvram, means i made a mistake in a guide... 

P.S. have you tried making 2 WIFI cards work.. I will try to explain... i wan to put DW 1510 or DW 1515 wifi card in the WWAN slot to have wireless, and also leave the Intel WIFI in 1/2 mini PCI-E slot to have bluetooth in mac. Would it work? Maybe someone tried this? 

Thanks for the answer

@ chruf - What version you had before? Did you recreate the installer? Is Fakesmc in the SLE folder. If you have Windows, try to copy FakeSMC to System/Library/Extension using MacDrive. Did you try to repair the permission. Open Disk Utilities using the USB installer and repair the disk permission.

@ Pashulia - Open terminal and run the nvram command. 

nvram -p 

This will print all the values that are stored if they exist.

I have the DW1510 on the Wifi slot and removed the Intel 6300 that came with the laptop. I remember that the Intel card didnt work on the WWAN slot as it of 1/2 height but the slot is for a full height card.

@Webcivilian thanks, nvram is present and stores values. Thank you again for information.

About the Wifi... i know it is 1/2 height, but there are adapters that extend it to full height.. The main concern is will it work, because i have read many post, consulted some technicians and the opinions are diversified - some said it will work, some said it would not, and some real life examples said it will work and some said it will not work. In my case, i want to have the bluetooth and wifi - fully functional Hackintosh. :) I know i can buy wifi + bluetooth combo card that is compatible, but in that case i loose the speed of the card that she is capable of achieving. 

I wish I could get back to the part where I could fix permissions. Original install usb stopped working, probably from the dozens of hard shutdown/reboots after stretched screen before realizing I could actually soft reboot if I simply select a language and get the top menu to show up.

I have made a new usb install, but now it also has the stretched screen problem. I cant get past agreeing to their BS because I cannot drag the window, or blindly click whatever I am supposed to click to move on. What a nightmare. Going to try making disk over again for the 6th or 7th time.

I am also having issues with kextwizard fixing permissions for usb install disk I already have, just to see if that fixes the stretched screen. I had fixed permissions once, but then forgot to put nullCpuPowerBlablabla in there to avoid kernel panic. In kextwizard in virtual machine I just get item2 and item3 and cannot do anything despite the usb showing up just fine last session. My session keeps resuming every time I start up machine, maybe that has something to do with it, I will have to find out how to make it stop doing that. I will reinstall that oracle virtual machine and unfortunately have to sit around waiting for the stupid ML to download from app store again. This time I will try to back it up to a usb or something. Hopefully that hfs+ formatted type will hold a 4GB file.

I had a dislike for apple before, overpriced and no control over hardware/repairs. Now it is a seething hatred and very personal. I will never buy anything apple. The closest I will come is second hand form ebay should I eventually give up on this and spend 300-400 on a mac mini.

Thank you so much for helping, regardless of my failures.

You can also with diskutility repair permissons of your usb installer, even if you have copied the kext to their place with finder. I hope you don't have Extensions in your Extra folder. Later on you should use in any case a kext utility to install kexts.

Have fun.

I am also having issues with kextwizard fixing permissions for usb install disk I already have, just to see if that fixes the stretched screen. I had fixed permissions once, but then forgot to put nullCpuPowerBlablabla in there to avoid kernel panic. In kextwizard in virtual machine I just get item2 and item3 and cannot do anything despite the usb showing up just fine last session. My session keeps resuming every time I start up machine, maybe that has something to do with it, I will have to find out how to make it stop doing that. I will reinstall that oracle virtual machine and unfortunately have to sit around waiting for the stupid ML to download from app store again. This time I will try to back it up to a usb or something. Hopefully that hfs+ formatted type will hold a 4GB file.

I

Kext Wizard problem item item 2 Item 3 always arises after 1 or 2 usuages, the solution for this is delete the existing app completely and extract the kext wizard app freshly from the archive, it will work for couple of times. So always keep

kext wizard archive safely, whenever you face the problem extract freshly. i dont know the logic behind this but it works. 

So, installed Atheros AR5B195 wifi + bluetooth dongle, found in other corporate PC :) made a swap.. so now everything is working, iMessages works, wifi works, bluetooth works.. i could say, no it is 99.9% working. Thanks for this guide and all the information given.!

To make it a bit personalized and optimized i have some question: is it possible to store different brightness values, how to edit them? because now it is abit too dark if not in the max brightness. Another question, what is the size of kernelcache in caches directory? because mine is 12.8 - 13.1 if done with kextwizard or kext utility, and 18.2 if done with terminal command "sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel". what should be appropriate size, or is it normal size?

And another issue, console is always giving error messages regarding that Can't create kext cache under /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz - group not wheel and Can't create kext cache under /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/IOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz - group not wheel. as i understand permissions need to be set correctly, but don't know how to do it. 

So can anyone guide us to how to install a bare 10.9 on my dell l702x 3d.. i am getting all messed up with this for moths now. 

Couldnt make a ML bootable thumb, once did one -even installed but afterwards did not want to boot into OS on dis... that was due to some Log problems and said soething like you must restart your computer all the time 

Then when triend to do a MyHack thum it ended up did wanting to get into the installer...

{censored} life hate it!

For all those whom have succeeded with 10.9 install on their particular system, please  :help:  I tried following Timewalker's 10.9 guide but I have no clue which files to use for the my xps 15z i5 1080p. I also used jkbuha's files which got me no where but the spinning circle on boot   :wallbash:. What am I doing wrong? My install method:  http://olarila.com/f...php?f=31&t=3836 which uses Clover bootloader. I am losing it.  :blowup: Please help...anyone!!

• 2 weeks later...
hello, I have made ​​the installation of lion and ML on my dell xps L702X, I did the installation the UEFI, only that I had problems with quickset in windows, how you have solved?

I wanted you to another question, how come you have not tried installing Maverick?

thanks for your answers, especially for the very good guide. :thumbsup_anim:

I am so pissed couldnt be able to get tru this installation I am stuffed with it!

anyone to help  either 10.8 or 10.9 ?

Lucznik, this guide is not for your pc. Look in the insanelymac.com for dell xps 17 L702x 3d guide

Hi Pashulia Thanks for the advice. :))

But I cant find it!

If u help me getting 10.9 i pay u a 10 bucker straqight ahead

Come on man, this not meant to be for the money.. This is only a guide, there are always issues that you need to search in the internet, sometimes for days, and always use your logic and problem solving, Hackintosh community is big, and 99% of problems could be easily solved. About 10.9 i can't tell you anything, i am really comfortable with 10.8.4 :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey the Thing is that a lot a people here from this topic succeded getting theis MAC osx running on their machines. And once they completed it they never look back into this topic. And there are some folks like me having issues that can badly ask for any support from the users/ I migh there was a guy saying that what I can do i send him my laptop so he can do it for me :P 

thats was funny but anyway.

If there was a one to guide me thru the steps that would be truly appreciated from me! I can even send some bucks but as u Pashhulia mentioned it is not really about the money. But in some sense it is. Meaning that I am handling this issus for about a halp a year now! And it's better of paying some blocks here some dollars instead of getting an MacBook or whateva from the IStore ...

I would deeply like to get 10.9 running on my l702x but if I get the 10.8.x It would be only a little worse...

Wish u guys a good santa time and a craz NYE party!!

sent from the blooody win 7 :PPP still

Hey the Thing is that a lot a people here from this topic succeded getting theis MAC osx running on their machines. And once they completed it they never look back into this topic. And there are some folks like me having issues that can badly ask for any support from the users/ I migh there was a guy saying that what I can do i send him my laptop so he can do it for me :P

thats was funny but anyway.

If there was a one to guide me thru the steps that would be truly appreciated from me! I can even send some bucks but as u Pashhulia mentioned it is not really about the money. But in some sense it is. Meaning that I am handling this issus for about a halp a year now! And it's better of paying some blocks here some dollars instead of getting an MacBook or whateva from the IStore ...

I would deeply like to get 10.9 running on my l702x but if I get the 10.8.x It would be only a little worse...

Wish u guys a good santa time and a craz NYE party!!

sent from the blooody win 7 :PPP still

Lucznik i would like to mention that this guide in particular is only for the system that is with optimus hardware, that means that this guide is not intended for dell xps 17 l702x 3d system, which has only one GPU (Nvidia) (if i remember correctly).. and as i read somewhere, in order to have running system, you need to delete not nvidia kexts, but intelgraphics kexts and run with graphicsenabler=yes boot option.( if i remember correctly). give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello once again,

just one question, maybe some has the AppleHDA and ioaudiofamily kexts that work with 10.9.1 mavericks version ( or 10.9). because kexts froom package v.3 doesn't work.. or maybe someone have a solution how to make it work?

• 2 weeks later...