macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

+1. Looking forward to this too. Tried it up myself but failed :(

completed installation with iatkos ! installed kext on next boot i get panic with vodooHDA on iatkos ml installation ill update if i manage to fix it.

update : removed vodoohda kext and caches.. it worked. still sleep doesnt work + getting a quite low geekbench score seems like we need to pick less from iatkos and need to remove more kexts screen. will try few more diff selections. IF any noticable change happens will update here

p.s. btw im using nvidia off dsdt

@All

Not sure if this was already sorted out somewhere in this thread, but the patched IOAudioFamily found here (IOAudioFamily_1.8.9_Node#14_Spk.kext.zip) made my internal speakers to work after sleep. Woot!

This is a great fix and I think it also fixes some of the graphics bugs as I am able to play 1080p youtube videos without glitches and the desktop is artifact free as well.

• 2 weeks later...

So i've tried many methods but always fail to create a bootable usb with virtualbox, now trying this one as it's the same machine i have, with the preinstalled image no luck, now downloaded iAtkos l2 and following that tutorial but stucked here:

5. Now back to Windows 7 or 8 host machine, install macdrive 8 and access ur usb drive and place DSDT & SSDT's in the root of ur usb drive.

6. Now copy and replace org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist in the Extra folder of the usb drive with the one's from 10.7.4 Dell XPS 15 17 LX02x Kexts PacWhe#

Where do i find this files? and as for Chameleon do i need to just install it on usb or need to change something like with the wizard?

Found them..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all of you,

First time writing in here. Straight to the point. I followed your guide mckyreddy for installing mc on pc. However needed a lot more effort to do it and a lot more post to put in one place to make it work. But thanks for a guideliness. :) Issues: sleep not working. Speedstep not working. AppleCpupowermanagement kext not loaded (i think this is the issue), also had installed AICPM kext from 10.8, then i get kernel panic, and it shows turbo ratios of 0046, have only 2 P-states: 8 and 25. Putted my ssdt made with maciASL (method described by revogirl i think). USB 3.0 only gets working when booting in verbose mode (when normal boot kexts are loaded but ports are not working). kernelcache manage to build but it only takes about 10Mb in size (should be atleast 30mb), if using kernel cache hackintosh is stuck at boot, at ethernet load.

P.S. sometimes the screen gets frozen - i can move the mouse, but none of the icons are responsive.

P.S.S. for Intel HD3000 to work had to use patched or edited SNBGraphics kext and dual link efi string in dsdt.

So here's the deal - maybe it is possible to get so help about the sleep and speedstepping issue? and also about USB 3.0 ports.

My spec:

Dell xps 17 l702x

i5-2450m Sandy Bridge

nvidia 555m (3gb) non-3d

8Gb Ram

500 gb SATA HD

renesas USB 3.0

Intel HM67 chipset

Wifi intel 6030 (as i remember)

Bios: unlocked A.19

• 2 weeks later...

Well i rellay tried much but i endend with IATKOS DVD is not beeing able to see my harddisks.

I removed one hdd out of the notebook --> no suchess

i formated manually with gpt and HFS+ still not recognized

I have two (one SSD one HDD) and none from them is recognized.

Maybe someone can help me.

Thanks alot.

I followed the instructions to create a bootable USB with little problem (I couldn't find all the kexts it said to delete, but I don't think that would cause my problem) now when I try to boot from my USB drive there's a text boot menu from Chameleon (I just let it keep going to keep booting off the USB drive), then as soon as I get the gray screen it kernel panics - there's a lot of stuff that looks like memory addresses that I'm not enough of a debugger or an OS programmer to understand) - the only part that seems to be vaguely in English is

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(196.0)[bBF44990-49F7-3780-AF55-C26B48EDE4C4]@0xffffff7f807fb000->0xffffff7f80824fff

This is my first hackintosh, so I'm pretty much out of ideas. Can anyone help?

If anyone cares for all the technical stuff, I'm too lazy to type it up. See http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9855948/IMG_20130219_191137.jpg

I followed the instructions to create a bootable USB with little problem (I couldn't find all the kexts it said to delete, but I don't think that would cause my problem) now when I try to boot from my USB drive there's a text boot menu from Chameleon (I just let it keep going to keep booting off the USB drive), then as soon as I get the gray screen it kernel panics - there's a lot of stuff that looks like memory addresses that I'm not enough of a debugger or an OS programmer to understand) - the only part that seems to be vaguely in English is

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(196.0)[bBF44990-49F7-3780-AF55-C26B48EDE4C4]@0xffffff7f807fb000->0xffffff7f80824fff

This is my first hackintosh, so I'm pretty much out of ideas. Can anyone help?

If anyone cares for all the technical stuff, I'm too lazy to type it up. See http://dl.dropbox.co...0219_191137.jpg

As for me, for bootable USB to be working, I used NullCpuPowerManagement to proceed into the installation GUI, because the error you are experiencing is related to your CPU not working properly. After installation i didn't put the NullCPUPowerManagement and it worked.

• Like 1

As for me, for bootable USB to be working, I used NullCpuPowerManagement to proceed into the installation GUI, because the error you are experiencing is related to your CPU not working properly. After installation i didn't put the NullCPUPowerManagement and it worked.

I installed it that way but had to use NullCpuPowerManagement to get it to boot as well. Is this something that I should endeavour to fix? I could imagine it's adversely affecting either performance or battery life.

Edit: scratch that. Seemed to work fine once I'd installed all the kexts. Now I need help with a bootloader. I'm trying to install Chameleon (using Chameleon Wizard, if anyone has a better idea, fine with me), but I can't get it to work properly - I installed OS X into a partition on the second drive, and having tried a couple of times I can't get it to boot. I can still get it to boot using the USB drive I put the installer on, but that's not an ideal solution.

Edit 2: It occurred to me that it might be relevant that I installed OS X to the second partition on the second hard drive.

Edit 3: All that solved. Thanks to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285599-chameleon-stuck-at-boot0done-with-hd-7770-on-1083/?do=findComment&comment=1880077

• 2 weeks later...

My Specs are

Dell L702x

CPU I7 2760Qm

GPU 555 GT

Ram 16Gb G SKill

17in 3d Monitor

2hdd (1ssd 256gb) (1 750gb hdd)

A.19 Bios

I have not been able to make a proper DSDT and I am trying to get QE/CI working with my Intel 3000 and I can not figure out how to do it.. I have been using the installer from Iatkos ML2 and i just can not seem to get it working. I tried the guide that is attached to this post and I get a black screen every time I boot. If there is anyone that can help me get ML installed I would be very gracious.. I have read some about the Dual link etc.. but it is just a little over my head.

Thanks

Thanks Webcivilian... U made me realize my mistake for the past 2 weeks... I now have a functional with graphics ML2 Iatkos Dell L702x working.. Only thing left is wifi which is on the way..

Thanks I needed another set of eyes to see my mistake.

@ Zpecter - Installed it using the combo pack. Everything is working fine at this moment. Needed to replace some of the kexts from the kext pack.

I need to know how to binary patch the new AppleHDA.

Ok, thanks, but what kexts do we need to replace?? And that's the reason I haven't updated yet, the AppleHDA. :wink2: