Intel HD3000 on HP EliteBook 8460P

interprice

6 posts in this topic

Hello falk!

I'm a new of this wonderful community, and I want in advance say thanks for your support!

By 5 day I'm trying to install Snow Leopard on my new laptop (HP EliteBook 8460P).

I have succefully installed Mac Os 10.6.6, but I have some problem with the resolution screen of my integrated graphic card (Intel HD 3000 - Device ID 0x0126) and Audio controller.

The resolution of the screen is fixed to 1024x768, and I have not more choice by monitor setting pannel.

I have read many post about some problem with my graphic card, but there are many concept that are not so clear for me.

I have download some kext file (driver for intel HD: two file named AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) and I have apply them using both [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Kext Utility and also Kext Helper b7, but the issue is not fixed.

Even if I'm not expert, using System Info program I have advice the my display controller reported in Devices tab is "2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller" but in the Kexts tab there are the following kexts file that are loaded (?) for graphic controller:

AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext (version 3.4.5)

AppleMCCSControl.kext (version 1.0.17)

IONDRVSupport.kext (version 2.2)

Why AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext are not listed?

I think that these file have to be load to allow my graphic card to work properly, am I right?

Have I do something else?

What is Chimera?

Which DSDT file can I collect and how I can apply them?

I'm sorry for my english, but I hope it was quite clear... :oops:

Please help me!

Raffaele

it is necessary to 10.6.8 for the hd 3000 works on view in the download site tonymacx86.com UpdateHelper to use before the update

Hi Gerard,

the first time I have also update the OS to 10.6.8 (Combo Update) but during upgrading I had a panic error, so I had to reinstall 10.6.

In a another forum I read a post about my laptop in which was report some problem updating to 10.6.8 so I have update my system at 10.6.6 that seems to be stable.

Is it necessary or mandatory updating the system at last version (10.6.8)?

My OS is working with the Italian preference, but I have download the update package in english. May It depend on the difference in language?

Using "about this computer" info directly provided by Snow Leopard, it seen that no Kexts are loaded for graphics. Why "System Info" program shows which I have post before?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Gerard,

the first time I have also update the OS to 10.6.8 (Combo Update) but during upgrading I had a panic error, so I had to reinstall 10.6.

In a another forum I read a post about my laptop in which was report some problem updating to 10.6.8 so I have update my system at 10.6.6 that seems to be stable.

Is it necessary or mandatory updating the system at last version (10.6.8)?

My OS is working with the Italian preference, but I have download the update package in english. May It depend on the difference in language?

Using "about this computer" info directly provided by Snow Leopard, it seen that no Kexts are loaded for graphics. Why "System Info" program shows which I have post before?

Thanks a lot!

to run the HD 3000 so that is mandatory to 10,6,8

to do the 10.6.8 update should go to the download site tonymacx86.com UpdateHelper install + NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, restart and thendo the combo update 10. 6.8

What you like Sandy Bridge processors?

If you have a one i3 or i5 Sandy Bridge once in 10.6.8 you can removeNullCPUPowerManagement.kext is a place to put

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

to run the HD 3000 so that is mandatory to 10,6,8 to do the 10.6.8 update should go to the download site tonymacx86.com UpdateHelper install + NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, restart and thendo the combo update 10. 6.8 What you like Sandy Bridge processors? If you have a one i3 or i5 Sandy Bridge once in 10.6.8 you can removeNullCPUPowerManagement.kext is a place to put

After 10.6.8 installation, the system dosn't start anymore (white screen).

It is the second time that happens!!!

Thanks a lot, but for now I'll rest! :wallbash:

After 10.6.8 installation, the system dosn't start anymore (white screen).

It is the second time that happens!!!

Thanks a lot, but for now I'll rest! :wallbash:

ok for the white screen test you make a usb boot with that extra file that should solve the problem

If you have a second graphics card into the laptop to disable in the bios to use theHD3000 only

décompresse .zip

You can follow this guide it is a ProBook 4530, but the base should work for you too, just not use the dsdt

http://www.tonymacx8...1f7da31bde857f2

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip