InsanelyMac Forum
LaszloJT

GPU Power - Getting the most out of Graphics Hardware

I've searched for viable information, benchmark tests for GPU utilization for mac. More Specifically in the video conversion department.

So without comprising quality, the CPU is currently the only way of increasing video handling performance. With the addition of CUDA and other direct GPU accelerators, I would like to know what other members are using with good performance.

For testing with a GForce 9400 (supposedly a CUDA enabled, but mixed information on that, maybe only the 9400M) CUDA driver installed, but no performance feedback on the CUDAZ app..

Why does apple seem to hold back in the graphics dept on everything except a $3000.00 Mac Pro...? Are we really still sharing memory with the system??? I think that my first IBM Think Pad had that?? :) lol

Thanks Folks!!!

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fantomas1
      UPDATE 05/17/2018
      new cuda release (thanks to phi777)  New!
      CUDA 396.64

previous releases:

• By verymilan
      Hi, i recently set up High Sierra on my AMD computer with the help of the amdosx community (i actually used an installer just to confirm that something would work in the first place before i spend hours for nothing, i can and could have downloaded High Sierra the "legal" way).
      However the graphicscard is recognized properly, the 6gig are recognized and i have no artifacts and no screen tearing with the official nvidia webdriver,
      but unfortunally, dark colors have horizontal dark stripes in them and specific bright colors like on left bar of system windows such as settings do flicker like low fps.

I only used the clover on the flash drive for now and i'd like if it's worth digging deeper of if i should just forget about it as it is a common nvidia problem on macOS.
      Would be amazing to know.

Closer machine infos:
      * High Sierra (misses a recent minor patch as my network is veeeery slow and i got this nvidia issue anyway so i mainly jumped back to linux)
      * AMD fx8350
      * Asus Sabertooth 990fx Ref. 2.0
      * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

• By hackintosh_builder
      Hello, I am interested in building a Hackintosh using Threadripper. Could you please recommend good motherboard(s)? Is there one that is fully compatible with the Hackintosh?
    • By coscos
      I recently set up my hackintosh. Everything else works fine, the only issue is my monitor cannot come back from sleep.
      Symptom: 
      If I click the "sleep" menu manually, the system goes to sleep fine. After the system sleeps for a while (more than a few mins, I guess it's called "deep sleep"), when I try to wake it up, the monitor wakes up but stays black screen. The machine is on. If I leave the system to time out and sleep by itself, only the monitor goes off; when I try to wake it up, same symptom as above.
      What I have tried (but none worked):
      additional boot flag: ngfxpatch=pikera additional boot flag: darkwake = 0 Customize EDID
      Specs:
      Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H BIOS: F16j CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (quad core) Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1050 Monitor: Dell P2715Q @ 4k / 60Hz, Display Port Wifi / Bluetooth: BCM94360CS with PCIE Onboard GPU: disabled OS: High Sierra 10.13.3
      Please see attached for following files:
      EFI zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nun37msu9b1bva/EFI.zip?dl=0 I generated my own SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh; Other SSDT patches are copied from this repository: https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z77X-UD5H-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches ioreg dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5a10k82guczaaws/macchiato.ioreg.zip?dl=0 result from following command: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0b22qcw79ovnjdg/kext-touch.txt.zip?dl=0 kextstat|grep -y acpiplat kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu kextstat|grep -y applelpc kextstat|grep -y applehda sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
      I am looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks.