Dual Boot (Windows+Mac) Keyboard,Mouse package post install

2 posts in this topic

I am using a Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110) with the following config

Core i5-2430M 2.4GHZ

4GB RAM 1333MHZ

500GB SATA

Dell Wireless card

Nvidia 525M 1GB

Now i installed OS X using the iATKOS v7 DVD. I could not use it directly as i was getting a real time clock initialization error, hence i had to use the flags cpus=4 and busratio=34.

During installation i used the chameleon 2 setup and installed it on the mac os x disk.

Also i did not choose any custom packages.

Now after installation and reboot, i have two problems.

First one is that the installed OS X does not recognize my keyboard and mouse.

Second thing is that i am not able to understand the process of getting it to dual boot. I mean after i could not get my window installation back, i booted from the DVD again and i used the -s mode. In the command line i typed.

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

quit

reboot

This got me back to booting window by default, however i want to get an option to boot both. I know i can use BOOT0, but i am not able to get that.

Apart from that what to do about the keyboard and mouse driver problem? Any way of installing the correct packages WITHOUT re-installing

Thanks

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Abhijeet@twitter
      Hi there.

Previously, I installed Mavericks and Mountain Lion with Niresh's Distros and worked well!

I did shrink like 50gigs of storage for Mac installation, created usb with the help of instruction, changed bios settings, and were ready to rock with dual boot support and every time it worked out without an issue! Though I had my old pc that time. 

But I guess, from EL Capitan, things got messier a bit. Now I have to erase things and install mac first and then windows for dual boot.
      Also, I bought new pc, so whole bios settings are new to me.

Conclusion : I need the latest Hackintosh with proper dual boot with my Windows 10, and I don't want to format nor erase anything on my HDD, and don't wanna format my windows 10. my father does work on this pc, me too, so please make sure nothing goes wrong, no file losing stuff please. I don't have other HDD so please I need the help. I want to install the mac on this existing windows machine. I could barely format windows 10 drive 'C' only and after mac, I will install windows again, but make sure except drive: C, no other drives get any effect at all. 

And also, as I said, my PC is new, telling the specs of this pc, so please mention the bios settings and drivers stuff if possible. Please help me with Bios settings at least if drivers are not possible.

Motherboard: MSI B250M PRO-VH
      CPU: Core i3 7100 (7th gen)
      RAM: HyperX 8GB DDR4 2400mhz
      HDD: 500GB SATA [GPT Partition]
      GPU: Nvidia 1050 TI 4GB
      Monitor : ASUS VP228 (1920x1080 Resolution)

Another thing, I have ps2 keyboard, will it be ok? 

Please help. Thanks.
    • By baldo1997
      Ciao a tutti!! Vorrei sapere se è possibile fare un dual boot win10 e osx 12 su asus rog gl702vm-ba135t e come farlo. Non ho trovato guide ne nulla. Spero che possiate aiutarmi. Grazie a chi mi risponderà

Hello to all!! I would like to know if it is possible to make a dual boot win10 and osx 12 on asus rog gl702vm-ba135t and come to do it. I did not find any guide at all. I hope I can help. Thanks to who will answer me: D
    • By gioox
      Hola de nuevo,

No consigo arrancar el Windows 10, se me queda colgado en la ventana del icono de Windows.

Alguien me podria dar algunos consejos a seguir para hacer que el bootloader funcione?

He estado mirando, buscando, y todo lo que encuentro es para UEFI, en mi caso ( LEGACY), no encuentro nada ni nadie que este en la misma situación.

Como he escrito anteriormente ( en otro post), no tengo nada de Clover ni de conocimientos, pero aprendo rápido si alguien me puede hechar un cable.

Muchas gracias por todo.

Saludos