MS-7616 working

ikbenut

11 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I managed to produce a working dsdt for a ms 7616 motherboard (. Running on SL.

File is attached.

Machine is Medion Akoya P7330D pc (MD 8552NL)

i5 Core 750

4GB internal memory

Sleep and speedstep is working.

/E/E

ACPIMonitor.kext

FakeSmc.kext

SuperIOFamily.kext

Onboard sound is working with latest VooDooHDA 2.7.2

Added "iMac11,1" to /E/E/smbios.plist for proper speedstep etc.

Graphics is a nvidia GT 240/512MB, works with GraphicsEnabler=Yes , also KernelFlags "i386 npci=0x2000 darkwarke=0" attached with hdmi to my screen.

The only thing i don't get to work is HDMI audio on the nvidia GT 240, maybe someone has an idea ?

DSDT.dsl.zip

I have SL 10.6.8 running.

First i installed 10.6.3 and then the full update to 10.6.8 , after that i ran ########.

Selected my dsdt and FAKEMSC, later i put the ACPIMonitor.kext and SuperIOFamily.kext .

Other switches then mentioned in my earlier post aren't there :)

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] latest voor SL.

The dsdt should be oke for it, but maybe u can ran into problem with ps/2 keyboard or mouse.

I didnt do a full clean install with my dsdt, but as u can see in my post i dont have voodoo drivers installed for ps/2.

well ive got the sl retail disc, used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and i cant get anywhere. So i tried iatkos, and while that will install, when it comes to reboot, i can never boot into the new installation using the same switches :S Can you remember what you disabled in bios? i disabled everything reguarding the cpu, but i still dont get anywhere. Again your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I didn't disable anything in the bios. However i did install SL on an single empty HD.

Maybe the difference is the cpu and give u the troubles.

U did follow the generic SL install procedure?

Boot, install SL on drive, do Updates and then install ###### ,chameleon or chimera with dsdt etc ?

If u manage to install SL then booting with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] should work if the installation of ####### (or other bootloaders) failed.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have the very same computer (Belgian version) and I installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard on it with ###### (had to use "GraphicsEnabler=No" and try multiple times to get it running) + retail DVD.

Then I ran the 10.6.8 combo-update and ######, but the ####### method (I hadn't found this topic yet).

This gave me a working and booting system, but still had to use G..E..=No, had poor graphics, no sound, no wifi and unstable ethernet.

I installed the "NVenabler64.kext" file in /Extra/Extensions and then I changed the bootscreen to the 64bit one with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I also installed the Network kexts from ###### to make the wired ethernet working stable, and off course I ran "System Utilities" afterwards...

Now the system boots in 64bits with enabled graphics and I have a proper screen-resolution trough the HDMI port, but still have a few minor issues:

- once the system is booted, the screen is plain blue. I have to turn off the screen and turn it on again to view the desktop.

- no audio

- no wifi

Can I simply run ####### using this DSDT file to enable the audio, and do you have the wifi working?

What happens if you remove the i386 flag? (since I'm not using it at this moment and I would like to keep the system 64bit to allow memory upgrades and 64bit applications)

I attached the NVenabler64.kext to this post

greetings,

Isabelle

NVEnabler64.kext.zip

Hi,

I have the very same computer (Belgian version) and I installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard on it with ###### (had to use "GraphicsEnabler=No" and try multiple times to get it running) + retail DVD.

Then I ran the 10.6.8 combo-update and ######, but the ####### method (I hadn't found this topic yet).

This gave me a working and booting system, but still had to use G..E..=No, had poor graphics, no sound, no wifi and unstable ethernet.

I installed the "NVenabler64.kext" file in /Extra/Extensions and then I changed the bootscreen to the 64bit one with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I also installed the Network kexts from ###### to make the wired ethernet working stable, and off course I ran "System Utilities" afterwards...

Now the system boots in 64bits with enabled graphics and I have a proper screen-resolution trough the HDMI port, but still have a few minor issues:

- once the system is booted, the screen is plain blue. I have to turn off the screen and turn it on again to view the desktop.

- no audio

- no wifi

Can I simply run ####### using this DSDT file to enable the audio, and do you have the wifi working?

What happens if you remove the i386 flag? (since I'm not using it at this moment and I would like to keep the system 64bit to allow memory upgrades and 64bit applications)

I attached the NVenabler64.kext to this post

greetings,

Isabelle

Attached is my new DSDT file, its optimized for use with the GT240 card with implementation for hdmi sound and onboard sound with the 888 chipset.

Only thing now is that i am running LION instead of SL so you may have to search the forum for editing AppleHDA kext or a ready one for the 888 chipset.

I had wifi working on SL with the realtek drivers from the manufactor site, search for RTL8191SU.

The problem with the blue screen should be over with my DSDT, it had to do something about proper hdmi settings.

dsdt.aml.zip

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same motherboard as you and I am looking to use your DSDT file, but I just wondered what BIOS version you have, just in case.

Sorry for the late reply.

I have bios version A7616MLN.107 date 11/03/2009 (it is a medion based bios version)