Problems to make Lion sleep/wake

andrej69

27 posts in this topic

Hi everyone...

This is my first post here, so i have a question about sleep/wake, maybe it can be easy to solve if someone else who owns an Asus P8H61-M or P8H67-M, already had this kind of problem.

Mine is an Asus P8H61-M, I have installed Lion, updated it to 10.7.2, i have used a patched DSDT (own DSDT made by Everest), SpeedStepper, a FakeSMC, Lan ( gigabit ethernet pci-e realtek) , sound working with AppleHDA (AlC887) and everything else is working fine.

Ok, the sleep problem is, when i send it to sleep, it seems to turn off the Hard drives, and the fans, but after few seconds and without i press anything, it seems to try to wake up, then it turns off again and after 5 seconds, it starts to beep and i only can turn off the computer holding the power button.

Didn´t find anything in the kernel.log about "wake reason" or anything mentioning it really went to sleep, so i guess he is not going to sleep, even less awaking.

I tried even a sleepenabler to make it sleep and it also didn´t work, so i don´t know if the problem can be in the BIOS or in the DSDT, i have not found in the BIOS Specifications of those new Asus motherboards, where to change the ACPI suspend type options to S3, so i have no clue and also i have no idea how to edit the DSDT, so if anyone has had this kind of problem, how did you solve it?

thanks

Seems to be a well known problem as I have that issue as well even using my DSDT that has working sleep yields no result. Oddly enough, I have the same exactly issue as you except if I unplug my usb thumbdrive the computer will stay asleep but when trying to wake doesn't actually wake.

Going to try SleepEnabler w/ pmVersion combination and see how it works out. (although SE always causes a KP with the appleintelcpumanagement.kext)

mmm thanks for the replies

i have tried the USB 3.0 PXHCD.kext that comes with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], and it seems doesn´t work, maybe some other, i´m gonna give it a search...

unfortunately yes, I did both and still did not work ;)

I don´t know, i think there´s something wrong with my dsdt, or apple CPU power management, i patched it already with the common patches for Sandy Bridge and it still doesn´t work, maybe i´m missing something, i just can´t understand why it doesn´t work even with a sleepenabler, at least i didn´t find any who works here.

well, i´m pretty sure it is a BIOS configuration problem, it does everything ok but sleep, now changing some settings in the BIOS he stopped to try to turn on when it "goes to sleep" but still no wake reason in the kernel.log, these new Asus BIOS are a lil bit different, hard to find the options.

Nope...

i deleted the NullCPUPowerManagement after patching the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with the speedstepper, everything works fine, only the sleep/wake aren´t working...

With the NullCPUPowerManagement i don´t think it is possible to make it sleep right?

question:

ok, just to be sure what do do, my ethernet kext is inside the IONetworkingFamily, it is the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext, should i just remove it and rebuild the cache?

I think i tested it already with a previous Lion installation, but this one is working better than the previous one ( had many warnings in the kernel.log, this one only show me some minor errors with the sound )

Dec 1 11:51:46 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "-1 == streamIOType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 4308 goto Exit

Dec 1 11:51:46 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != err" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 4089 goto Exit

Dec 1 11:51:46 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != fHDAStream->activateStream ( fStreamDataMode )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 7177 goto Exit

Dec 1 11:56:43 Andrejs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Resetting IOCatalogue.

Dec 1 11:57:10 Andrejs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero

Dec 1 11:57:40: --- last message repeated 2 times ---

Ok, i´m gonna try the ethernet thing and give you a feedback.

Hello, thanks for the replies.

Well i tested with and without Sleepenabler / NullCPUpowerM. doens´t work anyway.

1) I fixed the error messages i was getting in the kernel.log just replacing the ALC877HDA.kext for a "new version"

2) i´m using the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext for the lan, I tested removing it and nothing different happened, well i got without lan :P

3) Yes i´m using a patched DSDT and no problem at all sharing the kernel and files.

4) I´m sending the patched and the original DSDTs, the kernel log and also de org.chameleon.Boot.plist in this File ( http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PDM57B4C ) (it is in Megaupload couse i didn´t figure out how to attach the files directly in my post, i´m sorry)

thanks

:hysterical: I could guess there was something strange with your question...

but as my English is just so so, I was beggining a research about the microstructure of the motherboard...

Ok, let me try that, i will give you a feedback

I removed the USBFix and used your DSDT instead mine, but still didn't work buoo

i have changed the BIOS setup, from the default to enabling almost everything, and still does´t work, actually i tried a boot in each thing i changed there, but nothing seems to work.

With your DSDT it did the same thing, it seems like going to sleep, but it starts beeping and don´t wake

I´m starting to think this motherboard is "unsleeppable"

Hello,

I own a P8H61-M/LE USB 3 card with i5 core and I'm running 10.6.8 server as well as lion 10.7.2 client. I had no more success with sleep/reboot by any means.

1) Patch speedstepper, dsdt

2) nullCPU.., sleepenabler without dsdt

3) Because some peoples got working P8P67 with revoboot, I also tried this method. Perhaps because I have SoftRaid on this hack, by this way it didn't even boot......

I plan to move from softraid to nas and retry revoboot which seems the only chance.