Disabling firewire kexts to curb KP when booting Lion installation USB

impactt

1 post in this topic

Hi guys, this is my first post in here, but I have been researching and dabbling with installation of the Mac OSX on my laptop. I have also posted an identical post at tonymacx86 but no one there answered (or perhaps knows anything about) my queries. I have successfully installed Snow Leopard on my laptop before, but I had to delete the kext IOFireWireFamily entirely, as I inferred from KP messages that there were problems with firewire on my laptop, but I couldn't disable it from the BIOS.

Now I face some problems again with installing using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method (with the app). Initially I suspected the Firewire issue again, so I deleted the kext from S/L/E. However, KP continues to occur. The problem with the KPs on my installation boot is that they do not contain any debugging messages, so I have no idea what has happened. They often just stop after loading USBMSC/USBUHCI/USBCDC stuff (without warning/error messages), but I do see very often that the last few lines will contain some Firewire warnings of Firewire not loading correctly or some power conservation disabling, and even once where Firewire encountered some handleUnrecoverableErrorInt message. Occasionally I will see some AppleHDAController warning messages as well, but these are rare. I do not believe that my USB controllers have any issue as well, as they are operating correctly on 10.6.3. The -x flag does not help as well.

I have a few questions to ask here:

1. Is there any way to create a debugging mode on booting with Chameleon? The -v flag gives me some indication but it does not force KP error messages to occur, which would hint me on the areas/kexts where booting has encountered problems.

2. What are ALL the kexts that create Firewire functionality in Lion? I was thinking that I might have missed out a few to delete in the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB; in that case I would try to delete ALL these kexts to prevent the error message.

I have a Toshiba laptop, Core2Duo T9400, Integrated GMA 4500 graphics, and 4GB 800Mhz RAM.

Thanks for the help!