Problem with KextWizard

Chris Thom

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to use KExt Wizard & it doesn't see my hard drives. In the drop down it says Item 2 & Item 3.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? I have version 3.7.3.

Not here Please... search, and then ask in the Kext Wizard topic, it is the right place for it.

That "stupid" quiz you're talking about was implemented because of "stupidity" from other posters that abused the forums.

On to business, how about you use another tool instead of using kext wizard... say, OSX86tool.

oh and on a side note, let us know what OS you're using... leopard, snow leopard and / or lion, as leaving vital information like that gets you ignored because let's face it... if you don't help us to understand where you're having problems with, then how can we help you?

I tried but because this site has the stupid quiz to see who's worthy of posting I can't try to take the qualifying test until tomorrow because I missed one question.

That cannot be, the pass rate is 15/20

That "stupid" quiz you're talking about was implemented because of "stupidity" from other posters that abused the forums.

Bingo! And I have just made quiz 1 harder. I don't want topics from people who get in trouble because they try to install a hackintosh distro on a real Mac!

I am trying to use KExt Wizard & it doesn't see my hard drives.

The best fix for that problem is to not use Kext Wizard.

After doing anything in System/Library/Extensions open Terminal.app and enter

sudo -s (and your password - don't worry, it's supposed to be invisible)

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

exit

• Like 1