Change screen resolution

palra

2 posts in this topic

Hi everybody !

I've a Kalyway 10.5.2 Hackintosh and I would like to change the screen resolution to 1920x1200@60Hz, but the preset isn't in the parameters. How can I do ? I've already tried 2 softs but they don't allow to set resolution over 1025x512 ...

PS : I'm French so my English can be bad (you should be accustomed to :( ).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, first you'll need to find out what graphics card/chipset you are using and then google for a kext/driver for the certain graphics card/chipset (or look in the OSx86 database).

In Windows, you can get a free trial of a program called EVEREST Ultimate Edition - it's discontinued but it works well. You'll be able to find your certain model numbers. My iATKOS 10.6.3 DVD had a hardware info program.

I'm using an Intel GMA 950 chip in my PC. I'm currently using iPC OSx86 10.5.6, which had a working driver on the disc. The only things I needed to do after that was change the resolution, get a Linux dump of my audio codec and install wireless drivers. It helps a ton for Leopard if your PC is closest to the Mac systems made at the release of Leopard or if they're kinda old (ALC888, ICH7 chipset, 950 GMA graphics, it had Vista when unboxed - which was Leopard's opponent)