10.4.10 /mac.nub/ to 10.5.X is this possible... ?

aninfid

9 posts in this topic

Hello there !

Today after about 20 illegal GB P2P downloads I installed mac.nub's 10.4.10 tiger release. Pretty cool one, it works perfectly (everything works on 100% :o ) , but as we all know... 10.4 is old. And the pentium 4 that actually runs on the computer should (at least in theory) run up to 10.6 /supports SSE2 , 3/ .But, of course all 10.5 or 10.6 releases that I tried didn't even booted from the DVD.

So now with I want to update this good ol' 10.4 tiger to the not so old leopard. Is this possible ? I mean, if the hardware works 100% on 10.4 then it should work on 10.5 .

So, how do I trick that thing, to update it, and then boot the mac os X again? Already tried with 10.5 update that i found... somewhere... just boots a dark screen. Nothing more.

Probably, you are very curious about that PC's parts ?

CPU: Intel pentium 4 @ 3200mHz

GPU: gf fx5500 PCI

RAM: 2,5GB @333mHz

MB: Gigabyte 8isxt-fs

Edited: Lol... I wrote that the CPU was 3200ghz ROFL...

GPU: gf fx5500 PCI

Max you can get to with that is 10.5.5.

If you update to 10.5.8 you will have to backup the 10.5.5 nvidia drivers and reinstall them after updating. 10.5.5 nvidia drivers will probably not work at all on Snow Leopard.

Try iPC 10.5.6 final or JaS 10.5.4 Client/Server. Both are highly P4 friendly.

I mean, if the hardware works 100% on 10.4 then it should work on 10.5.

Not really. Apple removes support for older hardware all the time.

Can I just update it somehow ?

Really I don't want to spend my entire day burning that DVD :o , it would be a second day like today... :)

But if there isn't other way to do it, I'm probably going to spend it this way.

And by the way I don't want to put a 10.6, I'd prefer a 10.5.5 , as it is still widely supported.

Edit:

Just found this about iPC 10.5.6 :

You can run "Install Mac OS X.app" directly from within your existing Mac OS X installation should you have one, just unrar, mount the ISO and get started!

Will this be possible ? Please tell me that yes :).

Well, the kernel panic was same with -v and without, only difference was that without -v there was the apple loading background.

Unfortunately I deleted that iPC release. When it downloads again, I will burn it and then boot it, to show you the error.

Is there any way that I can downlad an official 10.5 and then install it over this 10.4 :) ?

E, obrigado pela ajuda :rolleyes: !

Ready...

And here is the panic with iPC 10.5.6:

post-921036-1321221645_thumb.jpg

Then I tested iAtkos 5i, it installed, but wouldn't boot... Stops loading at some point.

It just keeps showing this:

jnl:unknown-dev:flushing fs disk buffer returned 0x5

jnl:unknown-dev: journal replay done. 

Edit: The problem is from the 80GB maxtor HDD...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=128613

Finally success :)!

10.5.5 using iAtkos 5i, the error was caused due to a HDD bug... I don't know how I fixed it at all, but at least, it works !!!

I'm having some problems with the GPU, but gonna fix them !

Girngo, obrigado !!!