OS X compatible desktop for £200?

iOmicron

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for a pre-build desktop PC that can run OS X. I would prefer not to build one, I would have to individual buy the different parts from different places and something might go wrong when I'm building it. I live in the UK so I want something with 3gb of RAM (or upgradable to) and at least 2GHz CPU for around £200. If there isn't any pre-build PCs available at that price, can anyone suggest hardware?

I would prefer not to build one, I would have to individual buy the different parts from different places and something might go wrong when I'm building it.

And yet it is the best chance, by far, that you succeed. What matter most are the motherboard and the graphics card. Then SATA HDD and optical drive. Your main problem is your budget, quite tight, so you might need to buy some second hand parts. Especially HDDs are extremely expensive right now (but buying them second hand might not be wise).

If you don't feel confident about building a computer yourself, ask a friend. In this country you pay about 30 Euro to have a computer built.

Search for instance: Asus P5Q at eBay.co.uk. You'll find some very reasonably priced ones and they are some of the most compatible mobos.