I feel better...I bought a mac

DiaboliK

20 posts in this topic

i bought a blueberry slotloading g3 the other day. 50 bucks not bad, even came in the box with few extras. came loaded with os9 and 64mb of ram. so i hijacked some ram from an old celeron machine, popped those bad boys in there, scrounged up some jaguar installs and fired this puppy up, 2 hours later im posting this entry listening iTunes radio.

Now to see if I can get 2 more for 50 more bucks (a g3 indigo iMac g3 and a Graphite iMac g3) :hysterical:

i bought a blueberry slotloading g3 the other day. 50 bucks not bad, even came in the box with few extras. came loaded with os9 and 64mb of ram. so i hijacked some ram from an old celeron machine, popped those bad boys in there, scrounged up some jaguar installs and fired this puppy up, 2 hours later im posting this entry listening iTunes radio.

Now to see if I can get 2 more for 50 more bucks (a g3 indigo iMac g3 and a Graphite iMac g3) :hysterical:

any pics ? :D

its decent. for only having 198mb of ram its crusin.

well, the g3 was the last really good processor ibm made. if I had the 1gb max i can add to this puppy it would be sweet.

also one of my friends is donating a g3 graphite to my collection. yay!

hmm i guess the goal is to get them in all flavors! :hysterical:

Now to see if I can get 2 more for 50 more bucks (a g3 indigo iMac g3 and a Graphite iMac g3) :dev:

I have a Flower Power G3 500 I bought for $40 off a guy. Had 40gig HD. 320mb RAM, and a combo drive. :)

Its a little workhorse. The machine last time I checked a few months ago is valued at $300 in its current mint condition. This is because the flower power series is RARE. I believe there were only 3 that were made with 'off' designs on the flowers, that are almost priceless. 2 are in meusems, and 1 is owned by a private collector in a private art gallery. It runs Tiger smooth. But I never use it. I put it back in it's original box, wrapped the box in plastic, and put it in the closet, after I found out how rare it is.

i have yet to find a flower power version, i kno a few girls that do......hmm maybe i can do some conning :hysterical:. well anyway i have a few more on the way. a tangerine, a lime and a graphite. also a bondi blue and a graphite clamshell ibook. :)

i have yet to find a flower power version, i kno a few girls that do......hmm maybe i can do some conning :dev:. well anyway i have a few more on the way. a tangerine, a lime and a graphite. also a bondi blue and a graphite clamshell ibook. ;)

:D

Cool. I have a G3 300 Clamshell. It is blueberry on the bottom and tangerine on the screen. The screen was broken when I bought it, and the tangerine was the only one I could find on ebay. Its two different colors, so I call it iMutt. :)

it happened today... bought myself a g4 cube :) sure it was 300 bucks but it was a steal! came with 1.06gb ram and a clean 10.4.6 hd wohoo! only one stress crack near one of the aluminum posts on the top other than that sweet machine! hmm now to get a nvidia fx 5200....

The hunt continues. :)

Pix:

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

i know its. the fx5200 theres a link somewhere in this forum ive seen it the other day.

not bad they are like 60 brand new still (well atleast fry's). i bet i can get a cheaper one somewhere.

I've been through this. Believe me, its better to chalk up the $300 for a Mac Radeon 9800 Pro, and up the processor to a 1ghz.

Believe me, its better to chalk up the $300 for a Mac Radeon 9800 Pro, and up the processor to a 1ghz

then that adds another 600+ bucks to the machine (it would cost 2x as much to upgrade than i paid for it) also the mac radeon 9800 pro i believe is too big to fit the cube w/o powerlogix's powercube enclosure. that some extra $$ also.

pretty sweet deals.... I have a imac g3 400mhz machine with 128 mb of ram and it's a dark blue machine... I have access to about 5 more of these machines and they seem to be running osx and even better it was free... :) but it was just being at the right place at the right time....Terry

• 3 weeks later...

I got a original iMac 233mhz w/96mb RAM today.

Got her for $20. The HD was dead so I put an old 30gig in it.

Its running Panther. About to but XUbuntu on it.

My terminal machine.

post-18909-1161189817_thumb.jpg