Mohamed Khairy

{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

3,353 posts in this topic

SNB patch for VRAM only marginally improved things and I still got those lines on occasions in Sierra and High Sierra (can't remember for El Capitan but definitely no issues in Yosemite). For me, all those little defects disappeared once and for all after upgrading RAM from 4GB to 8GB...

Advertisement

SNB patch for VRAM only marginally improved things and I still got those lines on occasions in Sierra and High Sierra (can't remember for El Capitan but definitely no issues in Yosemite). For me, all those little defects disappeared once and for all after upgrading RAM from 4GB to 8GB...

I have 8GB 1600M single RAM installed.

post-1635615-0-80332900-1516766826_thumb.png

if you are not facing this issue on 10.13, could you please share your EFI ?

I still I run on Enoch but I use the following Clover setup for 10.13 installation and updates, though you're going to be disappointed since there's really nothing to it:

config.plist.zip

In terms of kext, it's very basic: FakeSMC + PS2Controller + LAN kext + Battery kext + USB injector and that's it.

FakeSMC.kext.zip

The rest is 100% vanilla. For graphics, all I have is basic SNB graphics injection in the DSDT:

Device (IGPU)
       {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                           
                    })
                }
                Return (Package (0x0A)
                {
                    "AAPL00,DualLink", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }, 
                    "device-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }, 
                    "model", 
                    Buffer (0x18)
                    {
                        "Intel HD Graphics 3000"
                    }, 
                    "AAPL,snb-platform-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00                         
                    }, 
                    "hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }
                })
            }
[...]

i had two bugs usb3 dont work it all om 10.13.3 

and track-pad does not work well no Gesture 

nvidia dosent work 

Take XCHD/XHCD whatever and USB inject all kext from my attachment and you can also try VooDooo kext for trackpad..you might have to fix pane too. On every boot load trackpad on sys prefs manually or open this app at login. I keep it inside cloud.

LaunchTrackpad.zip

Take XCHD/XHCD whatever and USB inject all kext from my attachment and you can also try VooDooo kext for trackpad..you might have to fix pane too. On every boot load trackpad on sys prefs manually or open this app at login. I keep it inside cloud.

i will try it thanks for help

On 5.11.2011 at 2:03 PM, Mohamed Khairy said:

Post Install

now you need This Post Install Folder LINK

Follow this steps to finish .

- Put PostInstall Folder on Desktop .

- Copy to PostInstall Folder the EFI folder you made before from Flash Memory .

- Edit config.plist to disable auto kext injection 

14794167768_6f74166ef4_o.jpg

- if you want to do Customisations below do them on CustomPeripheral.kext that on PostInstall Folder before next step .

- now open Terminal and type this command .

cd ~/Desktop/PostInstall 

then 

sudo ./PostInstall.sh 

- then copy all kexts on postinstall folder to /system/Library/Extensions and .... layout12 & platforms files to AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources 

- After Finishing Run kext Utility then  Restart

- Boot from UEFI Flash Memory

- there is small icon of clover called Clover Boot Option 

7NVh3v.png

- from it add clover as boot option 

SSWi2H.png

- Now shutdown your notebook remove flash memory and power on , you will see clover and Enjoy .

N.B.

- about OS X upcoming updates just update nothing needed after you update all will work don't worry  about that !.

- about reinstalling on future you just need to restore app to flash memory only as on vedio no need to do refi folder again 

and after setup just install kext to system/library/extensions and .zlib files to resources folder of applehda.kext then rebuild caches only !.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customisations

if you like to make your notebook accessories act like on real MacBook Pro

you can follow this part :)

• card reader ---> use CustomPeripheral kext and edit info.plist with your card pro id and ven id
    edit idproduct &idvender under Any_Internal_SD_Card_Reader_1_00 Fake Apple Card Reader SBC Inject Fake Apple Card Reader UMC Inject Fake Apple Card Reader Interface Fake Apple Card Reader Device
  • 14792721920_585bdd7b6e_o.jpg

• Webcam to act Like on MacBook Pro 8.x
    edit CustomPeripheral kext --> edit idproduct &idvender under the three Fake Built-in FaceTime HD Camera Device entry .

14976399211_ec57ec8483_o.jpg

• DVD Drive to act like apple shipping drive
    use CustomPeripheral kext and edit the
    Product Identification & Vendor Identification with your DVD Drive info .
    14979488675_215d71ca29_o.jpg

how to get your your device idproduct & idvender ?

first go to system profiler --> USB --> go to usb device that you want to customize it --> you will find vender id and product id -- > take them one by one to caclculator --> on calculator use programmer mode --> then paste numder of id on (16) mode then convert it to (10) mode you will get new number that we need on kexts and do other ids like this .

and you were high sierra, I am asking you for everything from EFI, please give me

ok many thanks to all contributors of this thread. and to dosdude1 and his contributors 

I used dosdude1 Mojave patcher to add HD3000 graphics kexts to the final Mojave  build

and some patches to platforms files to workaround the unsupported sandy bridge CPU and OpenGL GPU

just after installation definitely its full OpenGL 3d accelerated now under testing on OpenGl Extension Viewer

surprisingly passing 3d acceleration on OpenGL 4.0 version !

all animation works fine dark mode ok but no  Finder sidebar transparency on light mode 

night shift mode  ok . QuickTime  recording and playing ok .

wifi ok

ethernet ok 

bluetooth ok 

camera ok 

usb3 seems to be ok 

Touchpad ok without gesture 

audio needs to patch AppleHDA Kext

and may be patching DSDT.

I will test and update ...

Edited by nanotech

You may opt for what's been referred to as "hybrid transparency" in light mode. See here for details. You'll obtain a white Finder's bar and white windows background rather than the grey ones in which items can be difficult to make out.

Edited by Hervé

17 hours ago, Hervé said:

You may opt for what's been referred to as "hybrid transparency" in light mode. See here for details. You'll obtain a white Finder's bar and white windows background rather than the grey ones in which items can be difficult to make out.

Thanks Herve , applied  your script but no Notification Center sidebar 

Transparency in night mode nor in dark mode .

tried to remove it from logon then logout but still active then rebooted and it still active whatsoever 

opened display preference in Accessibility found that Reduce Transparency is checked ,unchecked it and get the default again 

it seems that this script only check reduce transparency check box in display setting, some additional code is missing.

since the linked Jackluke's  terminal app works like  a charm perfectly , thank you again, appreciate you help 

Edited by nanotech

On 11/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, nanotech said:

ok many thanks to all contributors of this thread. and to dosdude1 and his contributors 

I used dosdude1 Mojave patcher to add HD3000 graphics kexts to the final Mojave  build

and some patches to platforms files to workaround the unsupported sandy bridge CPU and OpenGL GPU

just after installation definitely its full OpenGL 3d accelerated now under testing on OpenGl Extension Viewer

surprisingly passing 3d acceleration on OpenGL 4.0 version !

all animation works fine dark mode ok but no  Finder sidebar transparency on light mode 

night shift mode  ok . QuickTime  recording and playing ok .

wifi ok

ethernet ok 

bluetooth ok 

camera ok 

usb3 seems to be ok 

Touchpad ok without gesture 

audio needs to patch AppleHDA Kext

and may be patching DSDT.

I will test and update ...

Hello nanotech, your laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5110?

Edited by Kakaro

3 hours ago, Kakaro said:

Hello nanotech, your laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5110?

Hello KaKaro, yes it is, N5110 with spects:

• Intel Core i5-2430M processor (2.3GHz, 3MB cache, 3.0GHz Turbo Boost)
  • 15.6-inch 1366×768 display with LED backlighting.
  • 6GB DDR3 memory (1333MHz).
  • 500GB 5400rpm HDD.
  • Intel HD 3000  integrated graphics.
  • with Nvidia GT525m .
  • 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner.
  • Hint:1st post guide in this thread is no longer valid  completely for Mojave  it needs some update Modifications , I created a master boot record fat32 flash USB disk 8gb, installed latest clover boot loader , toked , my SSDT-4 and DSDT files   according to my configuration and used them as described in the video from the first post but I  put them into the clover/ ACPI/patched of the EFI folder of the newly installed  latest clover boot loader USB flash disk ,I did not use the EFI folder from the video of the first post, its outdated, my aspects are closely related to MacBook Pro 8.1 so I have edited the config.plist extracted according to the video from the first post, now it looks like this :
  • <key>SMBIOS</key>
        <dict>
            <key>BiosVendor</key>
            <string>Apple Inc.</string>
            <key>BiosVersion</key>
            <string>MBP81.88Z.0047.B0E.1104221557</string>
            <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
            <string>04/22/11</string>
            <key>Manufacturer</key>
            <key>ProductName</key>
            <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
            <key>Version</key>
            <string>1.0</string>
            <key>Family</key>
            <string>MacBook Pro</string>
            <key>SerialNumber</key>
            <string>put your serial here </string>
            <key>BoardManufacturer</key>
            <key>Board-ID</key>
            <string>94245B3640C91C86</string>
        </dict>
        <key>Boot</key>
  • created my 8.1 SMBIOS by the chameleon app from the pre install folder from the first post ,saved it in documents then replaced all the values of SMBIOS  in the  extracted config.plist( from the first post it was MacBook Pro 8.2) with the values of Macbook pro 8.1 SMBIOS. left the rest of config.plist as it is in the  EFI. folder I put latest FakeSMC.kext(google is your friend) , latest RehabMan VoodooPS2Controller.kext, (ACPIBatteryManager.kext and RealtekRTL8100.kext those tow kexts are from the guide of the first post )
  • then used dosdude1 guid installing Mojave on unsupported Macs
  • after complete  I have installed wifi and usb3
  • USB flash disk was only for boot loader boating I restored Mojave installer on GUID portion map  usb external hdd via dosdude1 Mojave patcher app and followed dosdude1s guide for that 
  • USB 3.0 ports works although they are not listed in system information  still speed is not tested 
  •  
Edited by nanotech