It's possible to get Tiger on Core i5/i7?

ktz

10 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@kdtt what graphics are you using? I got the system up and running as well except for a proper graphics driver. I got a NVIDIA GTS 250 but I am still kinda experimenting to get a dual boot with Tiger and Snow Leopard.

Update: Got the dual boot working, plus the proper graphics resolution under Tiger even though my card is not fully recognized. I installed a DSDT under Snow Leopard which may have done the trick for the resolution at least.

@kdtt what graphics are you using? I got the system up and running as well except for a proper graphics driver. I got a NVIDIA GTS 250 but I am still kinda experimenting to get a dual boot with Tiger and Snow Leopard.

Update: Got the dual boot working, plus the proper graphics resolution under Tiger even though my card is not fully recognized. I installed a DSDT under Snow Leopard which may have done the trick for the resolution at least.

@lance76

I'd really like to get Tiger running. Can you say more about how you did it?

h50

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

For me not even Snow Leopard works on Haswell processor laptop.. Even injecting correct FakeSMC... It boots, but I get the spinning beach ball of death... No proper graphics acceleration. I am guessing with Tiger will be the same... I tried injecting the modded ACPI tables and not injecting them, and result was the same.

I would really like to have a small partition for Snow Leopard and another one for Tiger along El Capitan, using Clover...

• 1 month later...