Problems installing drive on MacPro running win7

RumbleMonk

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm running win7 only here on a MacPro and am having problems installing a Seagate Barracude 7200 1.5Tb serial ATA drive on it.

I've inserted it into a drive slot but nothing shows up in win7. I've gone to the disk management section in computer management which shows only my partitioned disk 0 (c: and e:). Nothing shows up as disk1.

This is the first time I'm doing this on this system so am a bit clueless. There's no jumper configuration on the drive as far as I can see either.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with my bios settings... which I don't think even exist on a macpro and are called something else, which I've been trying to figure out how to access using my non-mac like keyboard.

Would be great to get any help whatsoever!

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, I do have another machine which is configured the same way and is another MacPro, but it's running XP instead of Win7.

It's a new drive so it should be fine, I could give it a shot though. I actually have two of these drives so I guess I'll try that too.

Would I need to access the EFI for these things? I read somewhere that one might have to access the BIOS for SATA drives (which I assume is short for serial ATA, which is what I have here). Not sure if that applies to MacPros or not.