ATI card with 10.7.2

MRobbie

10 posts in this topic

My Graphicard is ATIRadeonMobile 4570 full work with GraphicsEnabler and ATI4600.kext patched in 10.6.8 also 10.7.

But when update to 10.7.2 it can not boot into Lion, just freezze.

The stranger thing is: If I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, It just work.

I thought something wrong with the bus or pcl or something like that.

May be my post is not very much information. But hope that you can help me figure out this!

Thanks

Hey MRobbie,

Feel your pain. I had a 8500 GT that could not boot 10.7.2 at all. For 4 days i was banging my head against the keyboard. Tried freaking everything in the book.

I changed my 8500 for an old Radeon 4670... Bam, no luck again...

Then for some reason i found this tip and it worked.

Try to use this on your org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<code>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v npci=0x2000 arch=X86_64 PCIRoot=1</string>

</code>

The -v flag is just for maintenance. I am booting here as 64 as you can see. If 64 is not feasible for you change the X86_64 part for i386.

Also, check in Verbose if your boot is KP in another item (in my case AppleHDA was KP too)

Hope it helps mate, good luck

My Graphicard is ATIRadeonMobile 4570 full work with GraphicsEnabler and ATI4600.kext patched in 10.6.8 also 10.7.

May be my post is not very much information. But hope that you can help me figure out this!

Thanks

use this, work with 10.7.2

ati4570.rar

Thanks

I think i the only one has that problem, but it seems not as i see now in your experience.

my vga is different, ati hd4350 . just like you said, if it set to "No" it would be just fine, but loading time is slower.

if you set yes, loading time is faster, but it's always stuck and never going right just like broken next or panic, or whatever.

my solution is for ati mostly using this step below.

1. use kextcache load on boot manually. *this is usually used if my string on org.chameleon.Boot.plist key for UseKernelCache value sets to No To do that, simply open Terminal on Applications --> Utility folder, input this command as root

steps :

• a. Login as root, type : sudo -s and press enter or return. it will ask you password, give your mac user password.
  • b. type after you successfully login : kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions /Extra/Extensions , press enter and quit terminal, reboot.

Lets see the result after reboot, if it stuck after reboot and not going into the system, try power off cpu first, and then power back on. if it's also still stuck whether normal boot, verbose boot, save boot, then now you try to make your settings back as usual to make it work fine, and do this second try.

Another Try

2. After succeed booting with everything works fine, change your org.chameleon.Boot.plist string for key UseKernelCache to Yes because u mention if you set NO it's always been good. after changing this again to yes, then reboot.

Thats it. i inspect this with trying install Lion in 1 CPU, but dual boot Lion , First lion used for ATI, second Lion used for NVIDIA , both of them is having same os, same hardware , same boot loader except for vga. which is seemly different result in handling.

if all thise trick doesn't help you , perhaps you need to use another driver that support and more stable. as far as i know, if we can install properly at 10.7 - 10.7.1 and driver seems good, my solution is like these two steps. the different is, step 1 is for ATI, step 2 is for NVIDIA

hope this thing can help u