invisiblesurfer

Anyone managed to install 10.7.2 on Gigabyte EX58-UD3R?

7 posts in this topic

Hi chaps,

Been trying for a few days to get 10.7.2 to install but it's a no go.

I get a KP while "moving files into place" during the installation. I haven't been able to get passed this KP.

I am on a EX58-UD3R.

I have edited the smbios.plist and have also tried using tonymac's DSDT for my mono but nothing works.

If you have the same mono and can offer some assistance it would be fantastic.

Advertisement

I had this problem while updating to 10.6.8 on my laptop. I fixed it by booting up with -x boot flag just for doing the update.

I'm using a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R (Rev 1.x) and have been able to succesfully install OSX 10.7.2 just fine. Initially I had a kernel panic during updating which resulted in a 'fun' 5-6 hours of reinstalling OSX entirely but I eventually found a quick solution:

-I downloaded iAtkos L1 which installs 10.7.0, the only kext I picked was for the Atheros network driver and AppleHDA.

-Updated with the 10.7.2 combo update and it booted fine, no kext changes whatsoever.

I have the same motherboard (rev 1.6) and installed it using iAtkos L1 too ;) (but I had to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No) without iAtkos I had KP's

Had the same thing on my ex58-ud5.

Use CCC to copy your hard drive to another partition and then boot into that and use it to update your primary partition.

I'm using a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R (Rev 1.x) and have been able to succesfully install OSX 10.7.2 just fine. Initially I had a kernel panic during updating which resulted in a 'fun' 5-6 hours of reinstalling OSX entirely but I eventually found a quick solution:

-I downloaded iAtkos L1 which installs 10.7.0, the only kext I picked was for the Atheros network driver and AppleHDA.

-Updated with the 10.7.2 combo update and it booted fine, no kext changes whatsoever.

Wait so what exactly do I need to do? Can I burn iAtkos onto a DVD, then do a fresh install with that and I'm on 10.7.0?