ATI Personalities EasyEditor (or going to be, if I get some help)

mcbyte_it

5 posts in this topic

I have been trying to understand how to edit personalities, and wished there was an easy way to do the modification instead of comments and formulas to follow, so being good at web programming, I made an HTML form (with javascript) to make editing a personality easier:

post-840908-1318952385_thumb.png

But it still need many things to do, mainly because I was unable to understand what some values meant or how they are divided into sub values (especially those that divide the bite into two groups or 4 bits), so I present what I did till now hoping somebody can help me with continuing the job (and in this way I understand the rest of the values)...

STILL, WORK IN PROGRESS

ati_personality.htm

• 2 months later...

I have been trying to understand how to edit personalities, and wished there was an easy way to do the modification instead of comments and formulas to follow, so being good at web programming, I made an HTML form (with javascript) to make editing a personality easier:

post-840908-1318952385_thumb.png

But it still need many things to do, mainly because I was unable to understand what some values meant or how they are divided into sub values (especially those that divide the bite into two groups or 4 bits), so I present what I did till now hoping somebody can help me with continuing the job (and in this way I understand the rest of the values)...

STILL, WORK IN PROGRESS

Hey there. If you're still working on this, I would like to offer my help. I've been trying to make things work myself, so who knows, perhaps this would be a good opportunity to discover things I have not yet. Let me know.

First of all, great job, I wish I had seen this tool last week!

After playing with the generator for a little while, I came up with some suggestions (do disregard if they are already on your mind / in the works, etc.)

Transmitter

You could do the following:

• Provide a drop down list with all the possible combinations:

1. UNIPHY:DUALLINK = 0x00
  2. UNIPHY:LINKA = 0x10
  3. UNIPHY:LINKB = 0x20
  4. UNIPHY1:DUALLINK = 0x01
  5. UNIPHY1:LINKA = 0x11
  6. UNIPHY1:LINKB = 0x21
  7. UNIPHY2:DUALLINK = 0x02
  8. UNIPHY2:LINKA = 0x12
  9. UNIPHY2:LINKB = 0x22

Or,

• You could have the user select the values from two columns with 3 radio buttons each. The first column would select the link type (Duallink, LINKA, LINKB) which sets the high nibble (0, 1 and 2, respectably). The second column would select the physical link (UNIPHY, UNIPHY1, UNIPHY2) and corresponds to the low nibble (0, 1, and 2, respectably). This gives the above combinations in a more organized fashion.

Encoder

• Provide a drop down list of all the values for quick selection (DIG1, DIG2, DIG3,.., DIG6) and a check box for channels that have a DAC. If checked, it would add a 1 to the high nibble otherwise it should keep the high nibble in 0. (Example: DIGA with DAC should be 0x10, DIGB without DAC would be 0x01).

I wish I could offer help out on the Control Flag, but I haven't done enough research on them to actually be helpful.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

And again, great job.

Alex.

First of all, great job, I wish I had seen this tool last week!

After playing with the generator for a little while, I came up with some suggestions (do disregard if they are already on your mind / in the works, etc.)

I took the liberty to add to OP mcbyte's code and implemented your suggestions. Here is version 0.2.

PS To OP: Feel free to merge, discard, modify, etc.

ati_personality.0.2.htm