Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
telegenecaster

Pulling hair out overclocking i7 2600k on gigabyte z68 ud4-b3

3 posts in this topic

I mean, this can't be an issue unique to hackintoshes. But I just completed a g5 mod, and I'm pulling out my hair trying to do a simple oc on i7 2600k. No matter what vcore settings between 1.2 - 1.475 and multipliers 41x - 46x, I keep getting this cold boot loop. It'll boot and shut off after 3 seconds over and over, randomly working maybe the 3rd or fourth time. Sometimes it'll tell me that there was a boot failure due to unstable overclocks. I've updated bios to f8, and as far as I know, the f9 beta only addresses compatibility with 22 nm processors. The thing is, once I get past the boot loop, I can run prime 95 fine. I just hate having to wait like 3 minutes for my computer to start up.

I don't understand. Everyone else seems to easily be getting 4.3 or 4.4 without even messing with the vcore. I followed guides and tried to adapt settings many times with no luck. Anyone else having this problem?

Gigabyte z68x ud4-b3

Corsair dominator 4gb (9-9-9-24)

i7 2600k

ocz 600w

sapphire radeon hd 6870

Thanks

Advertisement

Hey telegenecaster,

Were you able to solve this yet? As soon as my G5 mod is done, i'll have a similar setup as yours except for a 6850 and 12GB RAM.