ECS G31T-M Lion WORKS!

ItsLavallee

1 post in this topic

I'm happy to announce that I (successfully) managed to Install Lion on one of the least favorite boards for the Hackintosh community. Here I have an ECS Elitegroup G31T-M, flashed (you can find the file on 10.5.6 HCL page) with a Pentium Dual-Core E5200 (Stock 2.5 GHz) OC'd to a whopping 3.71 GHz running smooth and stable, no kernel panics. I also have it paired with an HIS Radeon HD 4670 (Yet another Hackintosh least favorite) working to its full capacity, including FULL QE/CI and 4GB of Ram.

My install method was Niresh12495-Lion (Google it). Its basically an unmodified Lion (as it can be used on macs too) with a few tools to get it onto a usb thumb drive, a custom boot loader by chameleon and some fixed kexts should you need them. It's pure vanilla and I can confirm, software updatable.

So here's a few tips should you go ahead and do this (Which I recommend).

The boot loader theme it comes with is really nice, however Niresh added a picture of himself to selection screen, so after you make the drive bootable you'll want to go into the /Extra/Themes folder of the Restore drive you just created and change the "background.png" with something you like. I personally got an un-modified version of the one that Niresh put his picture on.

The HIS Radeon HD 4670 works perfectly with Snow Leopard after updating to 10.6.8, but in Lion it requires a DVI to VGA adapter to be plugged in ALONG with 4670's VGA port. Therefore, just plug in an adapter to the DVI port and then Plug your monitors VGA into the GPU's VGA port. This went away with the 10.7.1 update, however so you should only have to do this post installation until you can update. You can also use the On Board GMA 3100 (Which I did, then after Installation put my card in).

Okay, so now lets prepare the install.

What I did was restore the Niresh ISO to a Restore partition I created (10GB to be safe). I ran the chameleon pkg inside the USB Installation folder and then swapped out the boot and the org.chameleon.boot.plist files. Now the installation should boot with no problem.

Now you just reboot and you should be brought to a selection screen, select the Niresh12495 (or what ever you renamed it, in my case i renamed it Restore).

Here's some fixes:

Ethernet, unlike snow leopard, does NOT work out of the box and neither does sound. But Luckily, Realtek has released kexts for mac. You'll want the OS X drivers for Realtek 8101E so go here and just scroll all the way down until you see their OS X download Links.

NOTE: After Installing the Ethernet drivers, AppStore still won't work, It returns an error that computer or device is not "valid". To fix this I followed someones pretty quick, simple guid. Here's the post.

For Sound you need ALC662 which can be Downloaded here, they're for GA-945GCM-S2L (It will still work for our ECS G31T-M) Double-Click and Install "Azalia 12.0.5" Only.

Now the only thing that doesn't work on our Hackintosh is the sleep functionality. Otherwise I have the ability to do way more on this "Mac" than on my legit eMac.

Hope this works for you! Good Luck!

• Like 2