[Solved] ATI 4670 1GB On Lion

Raj_1990

3 posts in this topic

hey guys i jst installed Mac OS X lion by using the "HackBootLion" method and all went fine...the system boots up if i remove my graphic card which is an ATI Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3 from MSI Corp.But if i insert my graphic card and boot up, it will stop at [ PCI Configuration Begin ] and nothing happens. Here are the fixes i used to get it working...

1.Inserted my deviceID i.e 0x94901002 into the info.plist in ATI4600Controller.kext and got a negative result

2.Tried to copy the "Flicker boot file", the same that worked for me on Snow Leopard and the system will not even boot

3.Used kernel flag "AtiConfig=Flicker" by setting GraphicsEnabler to Yes also No but no use

4.Used the 'legacy kexts from nawcom' i.e EvilAppleACPIPlatform.kext and EvilIOPCIFamily.kext and i got through the [PCI Configuration Begin] but system stops at DSMOS has arrived

5.Used Kernel flag PCIRootUID=0 still no result

6.Used npci=0x2000 and got passed through everything....it even says device detected at slot - 1 and lion boots up but i'm stuck at 1024x768 resolution and 3mb graphics....

Note : I modified the ATI4600Controller.kext only for the 1st step by adding deviceID and changing the value to "Flicker" inside the info.plist. For the rest of the steps i used the default kext. Also i did not modify any other kexts rather than the ATI4600Controller

Note : I am using chameleon 2 RC5. Some told me to use the chimeria boot loader method but i didnt try that one.

So if someone managed to get 4670 working...please help me.

I will attach the PCI Configuration Begin Screen and also the legacy kexts from nawcom incase someone finds them useful...

post-421656-1317110778_thumb.jpg

EvilAppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

EvilIOPCIFamily.kext.zip

never mind guys...managed to get everything work using default kexts and graphicsenabler set to yes in boot.plist and installing [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] :rolleyes: thanks to tony :)

• 2 weeks later...
never mind guys...managed to get everything work using default kexts and graphicsenabler set to yes in boot.plist and installing [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] :) thanks to tony :D

Can you clarify what you have done?