Two Page view in Preview issue (page 1 always alone)

Tirone

3 posts in this topic

Hey there!

Does anyone know a way to hack Preview to display pages 1 & 2 of a PDF in a Two Page view? Maybe a plist entry?

When selecting Two Page view, Preview will only show 2 pages side-by-side from page 2 onwards. I really would like this to work from page 1 so that pages 1 and 2 are opposite each another. (I understand Apple's thinking is that this is how a "book" is read - page 1 being the cover).

I currently use Preview to view chord charts in a band with my MBA 13", and it would be great to be able to view two pages side-by-side from page 1. (Looking forward to OnSong for Mac as this will make this issue somewhat redundant)

Currently running Lion - though I think this has been an issue with previous incarnations of the OS too.

Thanks,

Tirone

• 2 weeks later...
When selecting Two Page view, Preview will only show 2 pages side-by-side from page 2 onwards. I really would like this to work from page 1 so that pages 1 and 2 are opposite each another. (I understand Apple's thinking is that this is how a "book" is read - page 1 being the cover).

I currently use Preview to view chord charts in a band with my MBA 13", and it would be great to be able to view two pages side-by-side from page 1. (Looking forward to OnSong for Mac as this will make this issue somewhat redundant)

Tirone

Tirone,

Just download the free Adobe Reader for Mac. It doesn't have features arbitrarily eliminated like Lion's Preview does. You can view 2 pages side by side in full screen mode and choose for yourself whether you want a single title page or not. I use this when viewing PDF lead sheets when I use my laptop rather than a music stand.

An optional temporary fix available within preview is its ability to add a blank page. Just add a blank page as your title page. I can explain how if you want details, but just using Adobe Reader is simpler and cleaner and doesn't require altering the original file.

Michael

Tirone,

Just download the free Adobe Reader for Mac. It doesn't have features arbitrarily eliminated like Lion's Preview does. You can view 2 pages side by side in full screen mode and choose for yourself whether you want a single title page or not. I use this when viewing PDF lead sheets when I use my laptop rather than a music stand.

An optional temporary fix available within preview is its ability to add a blank page. Just add a blank page as your title page. I can explain how if you want details, but just using Adobe Reader is simpler and cleaner and doesn't require altering the original file.

Michael

Hey Michael

Thanks for the suggestion - much appreciated! Now all I need is for Adobe Reader to handle Lion gestures nicely - I'm sure they'll update it soon.