Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Thread

653 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear about the card SABR.. It happens to all of us trying to build hackintoshes... I might have to pick up a different graphics card if I don't get this card working...

For others looking for the proper type of converter,

Here is the one I used from newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16822998001

bofh_de: This thread is for Gigabyte boards which use 965 Express. If you are looking for support on a board that is Intel, I suggest you start your own thread.

SABR: Do us all a favor and edit your other post showing the hw629 to avoid people thinking that works, please. I edited mine already. I must have misread your post because I thought you said that the 629 did work.

Yup, all done. I'll get the HW-628 by tomorrow, and then let you all know how I get on. It should work this time... :P

The converter I linked to is the one I am currently using in my system... so yes.. it works for me. It should work for everyone, but it might depend on your DVD-rom drive.

Update: I installed new Bios F5, still no luck with my video card.

Anyone try modifying any of the VIAATA kext's to get the Jmicron chip working?

I was digging around and found that there is some similarities in the Jmicron jmb360 on an ASROCK board and JMB363 on our Gigabyte DS3's. Perhaps someone would like to be a guinea pig and modify the "AppleVIAATA.kext" and "AppleACHIPort.kext" with the hardware ID from our boards in the SATA section? I would give it a shot but I don't have a board ATM to try it on.

Take a look at post 11,15,16,19,24,29, 60, and 66.

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=2188

Hey Man, I got SATA and SATAII working on my 939-Dual (JMB360). All you have to do is copy the AppleVIAATA.kext from 10.4.4. Add your DevIDs to the PCI match section of Generic SATA in AppleAHCIPort.kext/contents/info.plist as well as AppleVIAATA.kext/contents/info.plist.

If any of that works perhaps this will be needed http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...=18&t=22400

There's also a post on modifying the ISO's to possibly work.

Damn it! I wish I didn't rma my board today.

I've tried the following:

Neophus Installer

Boris Badenov method on 10.4.6

Boris Badenov method on 10.4.7

Half Boris method (modifying only ATINDRV.kext)

VGA and DVI

10.4.5 kexts with Boris Method on OS 10.4.7

Hmmm, I can't seem to get the converter to work... What are the settings I need to change in the BIOS?

EDIT:

Ok, SATA Port 0-3 Native: Disabled

SATA/IDE Control Mode: AHCI

When I set it to that, when the PC tries to post, it detects the SATA HDD, and then says "Detecting IDE Drives", and stays like that for ages. I left it for about 5 mins and it did nothing. How long do I have to wait? I know you said it was slow, but it can't be THIS slow... :(

If I'm not mistaken the SATA/Ide Control Mode is for the Gigabyte IDE/Sata controller, not the Intel one that works in osx. If it's the one with "AHCI"/"IDE"/"RAID" as the options then it is.

If thats the case, just shut it off, or set it to "raid" it detects much faster that way.

If I'm not mistaken the SATA/Ide Control Mode is for the Gigabyte IDE/Sata controller, not the Intel one that works in osx. If it's the one with "AHCI"/"IDE"/"RAID" as the options then it is.

If thats the case, just shut it off, or set it to "raid" it detects much faster that way.

I have tried every possible combination of this... (i think :))

Can someone who uses a SATA - PATA converter please tell me their settings? This is getting painfully frustrating...

Just disable the entire IDE system, it's not needed anyway.

In "integrated peripherals"

set "Onboard SATA/IDE Device" to disabled. should solve the problem of detecting ide devices.

The Converter needs to have the drive hooked up to it set as master

I've got a converter, but haven't tried it on my DS3 yet, but got it to somewhat work on my temporary setup.

All the settings I used were default settings. Try going into BIOS and setting it to default.

Try different jumper settings.

Sorry I can't be more helpful immediately. I'm very busy lately. Have faith. It will work.

Anyone tryout the GA-965G-DS3? This is pretty much the same as the 965P-DS3 except with the onboard GMA X3000 integrated graphics. If the X3000 works in OS X, that would save us some money getting another graphics card! Currently the 965G and P are about the same price.

Wooohoo!! :compress:

All working fine and dandy! As soon as I got to the desktop, I ran the Borisbadenov instaler, restarted and I have full graphics support! :D

It seems that OSx86 has straight away detected my Built-In Ethernet, but I don't know if it is working as I use a PCI NIC Card. I have a feeling I wiped all my Windows files when I installed this. I am not sure what has happened to my other 100 GB partition as of yet, but OSx86 is only detecting one (128 GB).

Boot-up time: about 1 minute-ish...

General performance: Very good. Haven't really experienced any sluggishness. In XBench, I get 190 without the Disk Test, and with it selected, it drops down to 48 :P

On-Board Sound isn't working yet, but I'm sure I will get it working with what you have said to do, Conroe Mac.

That's all I have to do to get this working as a fully functional Mac Workbox! :D

System Specs:

Intel Allendale E6300

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 (obviously :P)

2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 677 DDR2 RAM

SAPPHIRE ATi Radeon X1800XT (full support with Borisbadenov method, haven't seen any artifacts yet...)

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm sure we can all work together to get the 965 Chipsets fully working with OSx86 is we try hard enough! We have to look into getting it to work with the JMicron thingy-majig :P

SABR.

Hey Guys!

Ive managed to get 10.4.6 JaS running on my machine nicely. A few bugs here and there but thanks to you guys and this thread ive managed to fix most of the bugs

First things first:

1. IDE channel doesnt work, so i installed using a usb dvd drive. no problems, a little slow tho. Waiting for a fix for it may just get the IDE to SATA converter for my dvd drive.

2. It would hang on restart, but would shut down fine. Thanks to Conroe Mac for his post, making everything easy for us all

3. The sound was not working. Thanks again to Conroe Mac n his post, works fine now, n saved me having to work out the vendor ids myself

4. LAN worked straight away and even detected my internet settings automatically

5. The Hard drive when detected could only go as high as 128GB to install onto, even tho its a 200GB hard drive (No drama cuz im using the other 70GB in windows anyways)

6. It seems tho the hard drive is running slower than usual (Maybe not but it feels like it)

7. I dont know how the graphics card is going to go in games but ive been able to change the resolution after patching it with the nvidia patch somewhere in the forums

Apart from those problems (which most are fixed) everything is running sweet, and im enjoying the mac osx operating system once again (was formally a mac man till i got a pc for gaming, now i can have best of both worlds :) )

I ran XBench on my system to see how everything performed, i dont know wat any of it means compared to others that have ran it but ill attach the screen shot of the resuts for you all to see

post-55297-1158202566_thumb.png

Anyhow, thanks all for the help with everything, ill b keeping an eye on this post and helping out whenever i can to return the favour

I never thought to mention it, but I also experienced the 128gig issue with my 160gig Sata drive.

For you guys that have other data on the other partitions, don't expect it to be good, especially if you partitioned it with the system only thinking it's a 128 gig drive, my brother lost lots of data because of a drive reporting problem.

I wonder if we can fix the HD access issue if that will correct the drives showing up with no more than 128g's

every problem you guyz are having with your hard disk is related to ICH8, THIS ISNT REALLY A COMPATIBLE MOBO.

without OC im running now at 133.33 xbench result (with hard disk), i paste it here for more info:

Results 133.33

System Info

Xbench Version 1.2

System Version 10.4.7 (8J2135a)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model ADP2,1

Drive Type WDC WD3200KS-00PFB0

CPU Test 104.32

GCD Loop 254.26 13.40 Mops/sec

Floating Point Basic 121.78 2.89 Gflop/sec

vecLib FFT 73.01 2.41 Gflop/sec

Floating Point Library 79.98 13.93 Mops/sec

Thread Test 206.57

Computation 189.87 3.85 Mops/sec, 4 threads

Lock Contention 226.49 9.74 Mlocks/sec, 4 threads

Memory Test 125.88

System 115.01

Allocate 84.77 311.31 Kalloc/sec

Fill 156.03 7586.60 MB/sec

Copy 126.91 2621.25 MB/sec

Stream 139.03

Copy 131.28 2711.63 MB/sec

Scale 132.52 2737.85 MB/sec

Add 146.17 3113.67 MB/sec

Triad 147.78 3161.44 MB/sec

Quartz Graphics Test 170.22

Line 130.25 8.67 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 158.48 47.32 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 153.19 12.49 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 140.48 3.54 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 574.78 35.96 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 159.31

Spinning Squares 159.31 202.09 frames/sec

User Interface Test 381.46

Elements 381.46 1.75 Krefresh/sec

Disk Test 63.48

Sequential 80.80

Uncached Write 80.45 49.40 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 77.61 43.91 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 76.40 22.36 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 90.07 45.27 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 52.28

Uncached Write 20.25 2.14 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 126.17 40.39 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 90.19 0.64 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 123.03 22.83 MB/sec [256K blocks]

As you can see the hard Disk work as they supposed to...