Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steven :)-

d255e WORKING with bugs.

2 posts in this topic

So here we are again Another Wifi issue many have seen them time and time again.

I however fall into a different catagory as I have taken the time to read ALL the post for netbooks

Not one person has the problem (at least documented here) that I have.

Instaled retail 10.6.4 Via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

3 things not working are

Hard wire (care less about)

Vid ( have not ventured here yet so no need for help just yet.)

Wifi.(here is the topic at hand.)

I inserted my Kext after not being able to find one. I pain stakingly made one fun first time experience tell you what.. Besides the point. My issue is. The system sees the wifi not a problem BUT the wifi does not see other networks

I have gone to sys pref. then advanced. Tried to add the wireless manualy still network can not be seen. Set wep then typed in pass then tried scan as a video sugested. still can not see it or any for that matter...

the wifi I have in this is a AR5b95-h

Please note before it is sugested. The kext (IO80211Family.kext) Does not work as matter in fact it makes the wifi not seeable. again I can be doing something wrong here as well. So any and all help would be wonderfull and thanks

Steven :hysterical:-

Hey Steven

May i have the needed kexts but no guarantee... would be easier if u post the hardware ID`s...

I use 10.6.8 may u have to upgrade may it will not work at all

If you dont see networks turn off Wifi via OS and then Press the Hardware key several times (FN+F3 for me)

and then turn it on again it should work

g00d luck