DSDT Patch Request - HP Envy 17 2101ea

NickThompson

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Attached is my "send_me.zip"send_me.zip

I have a HP Envy 17 2101ea (Reference Manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02772484.pdf)

Spec summary:

CPU: Intel i7 2630QM 2.0Ghz

RAM: 6Gb DDR 1333 RAM

Graphics:

- Intel HD 3000 (Vendor: 0x8086, Device: 0x0116, Revision ID: 0x0009)

- ATI Radeon 6850 1Gb DDR5 (Vendor: 0x1002, Device: 0x68a8, Revision: 0x0000)

Chipset: HM67

It was installed using Chameleon.

I have installed Chimera 1.5.4.

SMBios is set to MacBookPro8.1

Currently it recognises the Radeon if I boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, however it cannot find a kext for the Intel HD 3000. It defaults to 1024x768 (or 1280x1024 if I try to force the native res of 1920x1080 via Chameleon boot plist).

I can only with cpus=1 and either -x or -f.

*ANY* help appreciated :-)

dsdt.NickThompson.zip

cpus=1?

you need a kernel mod for HP

Hi - thanks for the *REALLY* quick response! Much appreciated.

I was late back last night so didn't get a lot of time to try that DSDT, but I did install it into my extras folder and tried to boot - however there appears to be a problem... I tried all my usual combinations of -x, -f and -v, but I always ended up with the same result; a black screen. The system doesn't appear to freeze though as the hard drive light occasionally flickers. I would imagine this to be a display issue? Come to think of it I don't remember whether or not I tried GraphicsEnabler - would that be required?

As for the cpus=1 issue, I have searched for a kernel mod for HP but haven't seen anything particularly relevant. The only reference I've ever seen to this was when I was playing with DSDTSE and there was a fix for the "cpus=1 issue" which involved deleting any Alias lines from the CPU definition in the DSDT; however I couldn't see any when I tried.

Quick question - how do you turn around these DSDT's for people so quickly? Is it experience or do you have a suite of funky tools to help too?

• 3 weeks later...
I tried all my usual combinations of -x, -f and -v, but I always ended up with the same result; a black screen. The system doesn't appear to freeze though as the hard drive light occasionally flickers. I would imagine this to be a display issue? Come to think of it I don't remember whether or not I tried GraphicsEnabler - would that be required?

If you are still experiencing the black screen issue with your laptop try the following once it finishes booting up: increase the brightness by pressing F3 key directly. I encountered the same behavior with my HP ENVY14T, when I tried Ubuntu on it. I would install properly and boot up, but once it is up the screen goes completely black.

I got the hint from another website for Ubuntu users: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hd...-envy-14-a.html.

Hope this helps.