cheap hackintosh advice

5 posts in this topic

Hey, I've been looking into the osx86 arena from the outside now for a while from an old Dell(old as in right after sse1 was released). Sadly enough, my dad is rich and being an ass. bla bla bla bla, the short of it is, I have around 300, 400 dollars I can spend on a new computer. I found something I can start off on cheap with a pentium dual core. Here's the link.

I'm gonna get a HD small enough to fit my os's(plan on Ubuntu, osx86, and either XP or Tiny XP Beast)(advice on what size would be good cuz of the budget) and something alot bigger for my media and programs that I'll seperate into different partitions for each os. All help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Looks good to me but personally I would save a little more money and find something like the one you have but instead with a motherboard that supports the Core Duo. And before I would do even get ready to buy it, I would do a bit of research to make sure it is compatible with OS X.

Don't

that chipset would be a pin in the a** for osx86, u should go for intel , somithing like 945G chipset u can fin a mb for around 70 with lan sound firewire and video an 805 for another 70 a cheap case for 25 and some memory for 50 more and a 65 160 gb hd to complete the set, its cheap but its 100% osx compatible

log to zipzoomfly and buy the parts, shipping is free mostly

I think i found a good mobo. it's a gigabyte that supports core2duo and pentium d(which i wanted to use anyway, so ill be able to keep this mobo a while. 945g chipset. but i also just found this intel mobo gonna run it with a pentium d 840 3.2 ghz dual core. I'm not sure which one to pick. i dont upgrade my computer at all really. so i'm gonna go with whichever you guys choose for me. gotta go. I'll check back later.

• 2 months later...