8800GT Dual Screen problem

MarcParker

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, just done a fresh install of Lion and all appears to be well but i'm having an issue when connecting up a second display. I'm using an Nvidia 8800GT Graphics Card.

Everything worked fine previously under Snow Leopard, but whenever the second display is connected under Lion the system freezes and i have to do a power down to get the system back to life.

If i connect display 1 (monitor connected by DVI) on its own, everything works fine. If i then connect the second display (LCD TV connected by DVI to HDMI cable) on its own i see the bios and boot up fine but no display in OSX. As stated above, when they are both connected the system just locks up.

I'm just using GraphicsEnabler=Yes in com.apple.boot.plist. Any ideas how i can resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
Not to worry, thanks for the reply Krazubu. Is this something that seems to be limited to Lion, As the set up had been working fine previously under Snow Leopard.

hi,

i am on SL 10.6.8 and i have a 8800GT, and i can not make it work with 1 dvi to monitor and another dvi to TV. can you tell me, please, how you managed to make it work in SL?

thank you.

• 4 months later...

I have a Fix for lion for this card, you can use it with duel HDMI or DVI + HDMI or VGA + HDMI From your Snow leopard 10.6 install disk copy:

AppleGraphicsControl.kext/

DSACL.ppp/

DSAuth.ppp/

DVFamily.bundle/

GeForce.kext/

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle/

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle/

GeForceGA.plugin/

GeForceVADriver.bundle/

NVDANV40Hal.kext/

NVDANV50Hal.kext/

NVDAResman.kext/

to your lion S/L/E overwriting the existing files, it may KP if your doing it from within Lion. repair permissions and restart computer. Enjoy full use of your HDMI abilities again.

HBP112358

• 3 months later...

hello

i've got 8600gt and 10.7.4, all ok , except one thing. i've tried this Snow leopard 10.6 kext method, and it works , but not fully. The second display with dvi->hdmi is work, but i lose the qe/ci acceleration so its not enough for me. If i replace my backup kexts, the qe/ci work again , but of course lose the dvi/hdmi possibility. ive read a method with 8800gt and a"custom" rom to the bootloader. Can anybody help me or i must be buy a new card... ? Ive read about for a week to solve this but I still not found any working solution.